Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #1

Exclamation 986S instrument cluster smoking

Has anyone had this problem? I have had my car for 2 years now. I have not changed anything recently besides the MAF sensor 5 months ago.

During needed headlight use (or any mode that will turn on the guages), the cluster illuminates for a brief second, begins to flicker and stays off when smokes comes from the top left side of the cluster. I brought it to the dealer 2 months ago and they said 1700.00 for a new cluster but needed to be order. In the meantime, they decided to test a used cluster in my car and they smoked that one too. Luckily, they didnt order a cluster for me. When they put my cluster back in, all was fine. I was charged for the labor. It worked for two months. Today, the same things is happening. I pulled out my cluster illumination fuse to drive at night. Any help is great appreciated.

vietoriouz is offline   Reply With Quote