Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2016, 05:08 AM   #1

Unhappy 2000 Boxster 986 no crank issue

Hi all
I have a really strange issue with my 986 and I was hoping to draw on the combined knowledge of the forum for some ideas.

A few weeks ago I had the common issue with water damage frying the imobaliser under the seat, I had it sent off to a company called "ECU Doctor" who sent me a new ECU and a new key. Plugged that in and all worked fine and I was able to get the car running.

as the car needed to be re-registered I did not drive it for the following week and then decided that to prevent the water damage issue from re-occurring I would drill some drain holes under the seat (don't judge me....)

anyway after re-connecting everything when I try to turn it over I get no crank at all, not only that but the only light coming onto the dash is the airbag warning light.

Initial thought was battery but even using my jumper (rated at 900 amps) I am not getting anything. I also noticed that hazard lights are flashing but if I turn on headlights nothing.
I have checked all fuses and all good.

I have purchased a odb2 scanner on eBay that will take a week or so to get here but was just wondering in the meantime if the community has any ideas.

Ryan4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:11 PM   #2

Battery disconnected during drilling? Key where during activities? If in ignition, what position? Seat removed? All connections secured tightly after seat put back? Battery reconnected?

Just trying to get more info.

mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote