Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2016, 11:53 AM   #21

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Good opportunity for requests:

Alex,

Can you put together a "definitive and ultimate" sound system for the Porsche Boxster 986 97~04 please. Needs 2 speakers + 2 subs kit that slams better than bose, one extra slimfit underseat subwoofer, and one head-unit having similar amber backlit temp to dash lighting. Pre-amp, built-in amp, external amp, whatever you can rig together with your local Audio Pro guy, that'd be nice. Something less than +/-$1,500

Note that I've never seen this "ultimate Boxster Sound Kit", only read a thousand+ times that the audio sound in the 986 just doesn't cut it. Not many of us knows what to do with this problem as it stand, apparently, 20 years later.

Thank you!
The first key component for quality audio reproduction is a good speaker enclosure. I'd recommend something like Lexus, Bently, BMW etc.........

911monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:57 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefasazn View Post
This oval blank plug here:

will try my best
GatorLapis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 12:08 PM   #23

Quote:
Good opportunity for requests:

Alex,

Can you put together a "definitive and ultimate" sound system for the Porsche Boxster 986 97~04 please. Needs 2 speakers + 2 subs kit that slams better than bose, one extra slimfit underseat subwoofer, and one head-unit having similar amber backlit temp to dash lighting. Pre-amp, built-in amp, external amp, whatever you can rig together with your local Audio Pro guy, that'd be nice. Something less than +/-$1,500

Note that I've never seen this "ultimate Boxster Sound Kit", only read a thousand+ times that the audio sound in the 986 just doesn't cut it. Not many of us knows what to do with this problem as it stand, apparently, 20 years later.

Thank you!
lol need to come up with 1500 first..
Old 07-22-2016, 12:14 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911monty View Post
The first key component for quality audio reproduction is a good speaker enclosure. I'd recommend something like Lexus, Bently, BMW etc.........
Not even sure what I'm asking is half doable, I'll admit. Seen some pretty decent? oem box in the door already, and perhaps the grills behind the headrest could be converted in 8" X 2.5" speakers/enclosures, I don't know man. Between seat woofer/enclosure like the Dodge Spyder? Sure there are plenty of creative ideas for the audio guys to go crazy.

No idea. Gator to sort it out lollll I(and many I'm sure) just want to buy a ready-kit, hence the recommendation.

But I do know exactly what you mean. I my case alone I'd say no need for hi-fi with a flat-6 growling behind (I think), just something that 'punch' at least twice more than oem would be gold enough for me
Old 07-22-2016, 12:35 PM   #25

Garage
Quote:
Not even sure what I'm asking is half doable, I'll admit. Seen some pretty decent? oem box in the door already, and perhaps the grills behind the headrest could be converted in 8" X 2.5" speakers/enclosures, I don't know man. Between seat woofer/enclosure like the Dodge Spyder? Sure there are plenty of creative ideas for the audio guys to go crazy.

No idea. Gator to sort it out lollll I(and many I'm sure) just want to buy a ready-kit, hence the recommendation.

But I do know exactly what you mean. I my case alone I'd say no need for hi-fi with a flat-6 growling behind (I think), just something that 'punch' at least twice more than oem would be gold enough for me
When Ford first released the GT (40) I had to take a look. One of the first things that struck me was the big bass enclosure between the seats WTF? Really? I wonder how many actually got turned on......
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:44 PM   #26

IMS Insurance
stelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:55 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelan View Post
IMS Insurance
Lol is called savings account lol
Old 07-25-2016, 10:07 AM   #28

I was just looking at the IPD plenum and 74mm throttle body.... but I cannot yet justify drooping a thousand dollars for something that seems to be very controversial on power gains. Now for 400$.... I am very VERY tempted. How does your set up stack up against the IPD plenum and throttle body? Have you installed it on an S model yet?
2000986s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:48 PM   #29

Hey guys I'm almost done with the usb and aux charger unit for the CDR-220. If someone wants to trial it for 50 bucks for a week and if you don't like it send it back and I will refund you 25 dollars plus I'll pay for shipping both ways. If you like it just send me 50 dollars more and it's yours.