Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2016, 05:43 PM   #1

Rear speakers

I'm looking for good aftermarket speakers for the rear speaker/storage box because the speakers I pulled out are toast. The part number on the back of my speakers are 98664550300 which appears to be 3 inch Porsche speaker and I need 4 but for the price that companies are asking for these little speakers seem to be a lot especially for paper cones with no tweeters. Any suggestions of brand names I should look at that work well? Thanks!

Old 07-07-2016, 06:26 PM   #2

I put these in the rear compartment to replace the trashed ones in my car (same as your). From Amazon, Powerbass S-275CF.

These are whopping 2.75" speakers that I actually bought for a BMW M Roadster. Turns out they basically fit in the Boxster with very very minor modification. As the new speakers didn't fit just perfect, all I really did was seal small gaps around the outer diameter of the speaker. It is not noticeable at all. No drilling was required to mount the new speakers.

Given what these things do, the $27/pair is more than worth it!
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:49 AM   #3

You can buy new speaker brackets, or fab your own that take 3.5" standard speakers. You will have many more choices then.

I bought the Euro Motorspeed kit but I read you could just buy the brackets. Here is a set on EBay.

1997 2011 Porsche Boxster Custom Rear Speaker Bracket Set | eBay

Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote