Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2016, 05:53 PM   #21

There is a law in ontario too but I don't believe there is a set Db limit, it is up to the officers discretion. In any case, just push the clutch in when you see a cop

boxxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:54 AM   #22

Location: Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by eomak View Post
Man!!!! After spending money and time into this project.The next day i over hear on the TV news here in Canada Vancouver BC. There is this new traffic tickening law or they are inforceing it more on how loud your vehicle can be and they will have a sound meter device on hand to test and give tickets. Oh boy!! Other countries have this already? Guess i will have to keep off the gas. Its not to loud if drive normally.But when stomp on it .Man it screams red and blue lights.

They have been saying that for years in vacouver.... They are mainly pissed off about the bikes / civics with no muffler
Fintro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:42 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by eomak View Post
Man!!!! After spending money and time into this project.The next day i over hear on the TV news here in Canada Vancouver BC. There is this new traffic tickening law or they are inforceing it more on how loud your vehicle can be and they will have a sound meter device on hand to test and give tickets. Oh boy!! Other countries have this already? Guess i will have to keep off the gas. Its not to loud if drive normally.But when stomp on it .Man it screams red and blue lights.
Use wisely bud and you'll be okay. Don't think you can go rev that loud pipe during lets say rush hour when everyone (including your cop'pers) are pulling long faces. E.g. There is nothing wrong doing it on Saturday night cruising down the pub street for instance, your cops may actually appreciate your efforts!

Mind you those policies are rarely enforced, used against you in most other cases! Problems are real at the car inspection however. Shall it comes to that you can easily fit in noise killer (aka baffles). Make your own/google mate
Old 07-15-2016, 11:46 AM   #24

So I got the exhaust on today. Quite a bit of effort but I got it to fit pretty well. My only complaint is that this thing is LOUD. Sounds great at wot but there is some nasty resonance/drone accelerating and decelerating between 1500 and 3k. So much so that a 15 min drive gave me a headache. I have secondary cat deletes on the car and I thought that was supposed to kill most of the drone? I'm using the clamps top speed supplied and all my connections are tight. I have read that using some easy seal clamps on the test pipes will reduce the drone a bit but surely a set of clamps can't make that much of a difference??
Old 07-15-2016, 12:46 PM   #25

wow... looks like that top speed is an ear popper. Not familial with your exhaust but familiar with 3k drone a little. Have a full NHP system from headers to tailpipes (200cells cats) and wrapped everything in asbestos with SS clips every 10cm. Nice and tight. Chopped off drone by 50% I'd like to think. Lot of work, maybe not the best way to cancel some.

Fastest way to cancel drone is to travel with Max and Igor avalera as passengers (see link below). Perfect for low speed 2k~3k rush hour commuting (e.g. 07:45am). Set the volume at #6, low mids and bass at 90%, and I promise you that drone with magically vanish. Starts a great day also!

ps: Has to be the 'genuine' Max and Igor material. Nothing else works on drone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_6IjeprfEs
Old 07-15-2016, 06:19 PM   #26

I just finished putting the stock one back on. I rechecked my connections was able to abate the drone somewhat before I removed it. The beluga/top speed muffler makes the car sound like a gt3 rs at high rpms. No joke. For anyone wondering about this setup, yes, it will in fact make your car sound like a high horsepower 911. I work around porsches all day and that's exactly what it sounds like. It literally sounded like a race car when I went through a tunnel or underpass. It was just too much for me to live with since I daily the car.

If anyone is interested, the muffler is now for sale. I'm in ontario and would be happy to pass some savings along to anyone local who doesn't want the hassle/expense of having to ship this across the border.
Old 07-16-2016, 06:54 AM   #27

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxxster View Post
I just finished putting the stock one back on. I rechecked my connections was able to abate the drone somewhat before I removed it. The beluga/top speed muffler makes the car sound like a gt3 rs at high rpms. No joke. For anyone wondering about this setup, yes, it will in fact make your car sound like a high horsepower 911. I work around porsches all day and that's exactly what it sounds like. It literally sounded like a race car when I went through a tunnel or underpass. It was just too much for me to live with since I daily the car.

If anyone is interested, the muffler is now for sale. I'm in ontario and would be happy to pass some savings along to anyone local who doesn't want the hassle/expense of having to ship this across the border.
When I first put my TS muffler and cat deletes on I thought, what have I done But then I installed the easy seal clamps on and drove it. After a few hundred miles, you build up some carbon in the exhaust and the sound becomes much better. The clamps significantly reduce the drone to almost non-existent. Everyone is different but the clamps do make a difference and breaking it in will also make a difference. I've had mine for several years and I am very happy with it. The sound at low RPM's is not loud but comes to life when you step on it! The burble is also intoxicating
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 07:39 AM   #28

Hi, for my car it is not loud driving when drive it normal. I mean i can still talk and hear the radio clearly as before. There is a bit of drone but not to the point its gives u a headache and around 3k these is no drone. I am using the band clamps. Maybe it does make a differance. But yea it does scream/loud when u stomp on it.

eomak is offline   Reply With Quote