Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2016, 06:34 PM   #1

De snorkel

Just wondering when they removed the screen in front of the snorkel. What year? My snorkel had a cup on the end which I assume is to catch water?
No difference in sound but maybe because I pulled the carpet out from behind the seat already. It took maybe 2 minutes to do.

It doesn't hurt the car any correct?
Thanks

DWBOX2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:28 AM   #2

Mine has the cup like yours, it's a 2000. It doesn't hurt the car at all and you have to listen hard to hear a difference. I started exploring the exhaust mods after that in search of more aggressive sound
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:06 AM   #3

Thanks for responding. I am thinking the same thing regarding the exhaust. There was a post someone did a while back where the guy simply drilled a hole (s) in the exhaust opening. A bunch of folks did it and liked it. It wAs an old post so I was tried bringing the post back to life to see with the passage of time, if they were still happy about their choice. I would be curious. The exhausts are expensive with little gain. A lot of work (in my opinion) to replace as well. If the folks like the drill technique, I would certainly try.
DWBOX2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisZenithBlue View Post
Mine has the cup like yours, it's a 2000. It doesn't hurt the car at all and you have to listen hard to hear a difference. I started exploring the exhaust mods after that in search of more aggressive sound
It may seem like the cup is there to collect water but I would think it there as an air flow director.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:37 AM   #5

I'm tempted to drill a couple holes, too!
Old 07-01-2016, 09:09 AM   #6

I would have liked to dilled a couple of holes in my car but the twin outlets on the S muffler don't allow the proper angle you need to put the holes in the proper place. Last weekend I finished installing the Pedro modification on my 2000. What a PIA....The transmission muffler mounting plate takes up the room needed to drop the muffler without removing body panels. Everything had to go, including the three heat shields. I work slowly so the job took two afternoons after a few false starts. I had the muffler coated with a titanium colored thermal barrier and it not only looks great but sounds wonderful. A little raspy with no drone.
Keith Newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
It may seem like the cup is there to collect water but I would think it there as an air flow director.
My cup had actually separated and flipped up blocking most of the snorkel. I wound up removing both pieces.
Lexicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:48 AM   #8
Master Brewer

Garage
Here's the Crios Mod stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaSttSwKY7o

2004 Ford F-150 4X4 Crew
6 Fast Bicycles
Bootlegger is offline   Reply With Quote