Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2016, 10:03 AM   #1
Crib

Garage
Phillips BlueVision Ultra H6W - with a LOL

So one of my parking lights broke...

When buying new i decided to go the extra way to make them match my Litronic head lights and give a more modern feel, so looking up the Phillips BlueVision H6W's could be worth the small extra money...

So buying these bad boys:

...but man did I laugh when I saw the result. Wouldn't you say that this is over the line for a settled company like Phillips?

I'll learn to survive even after this devastating result, but I still thought I'd share som laughter with you, and perhaps also recommend you to discard these bulbs. At least if you are not color blind and also really after something that the products says it is.

So, enjoy the show:

Before pic, the ordinary bulb on the working side.

After pic, the fantastic Phillips BlueVision Ultra making all yellowness go away!

Crib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:43 AM   #2

Garage
Lol, same thing.
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:31 AM   #3

Beware, there is an invasion of counterfeit Phillips lighting products in both the USA and Canada atm. Resellers gets them @ 10% of the genuine Philips bulk price and resell at Phillips MRSP. A lot of sellers are taking advantage of this somehow unique opportunity. You can find more info on other car lighting forums, known issue.

Massive problem for Phillips, worst for consumers as it is difficult to tell the difference between an engineered Phillips product (they are decent products with correct color temp) and a Chinese copy (skinny tungsten filament). Both pckg are identical however
Old 06-23-2016, 12:54 PM   #4

I need to find a LED alternative... does anyone have any links of where I can get a reliable pair that works?
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 02:46 PM   #5

I switched mine out to match the litronics. I'll see if I can find the receipt and a part number when I get home tonight. I'm very happy with them!