Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2017, 07:15 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by That986 View Post
I'll be there cheering the guys on, hopefully they can win properly this time and not be gifted it.
Porsche is not looking too good as of now. Toyota dominated the first two races including test days this past weekend. I do know Porsche have been focusing on Lemans preparation but they are admitting they can't match the pace of Toyota.
https://www.motorsport.com/lemans/news/porsche-could-not-match-toyota-le-mans-test-pace-914575/

cas951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:32 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas951 View Post
Porsche is not looking too good as of now. Toyota dominated the first two races including test days this past weekend. I do know Porsche have been focusing on Lemans preparation but they are admitting they can't match the pace of Toyota.
https://www.motorsport.com/lemans/news/porsche-could-not-match-toyota-le-mans-test-pace-914575/
I did see that, not looking too good. Going to make for a bit of a boring race as well if they just disappear into the distance.
That986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 04:49 PM   #23

Could be interesting

I dunno, I think this year's race could be pretty interesting. I think the decision to cut back to only two cars on Porsche's part has everything to do with keeping Toyota in the game...because if Toyota pulls out of LMP1 like Audi did, and Nissan, and Peugeot did, then...who are Porsche going to race against? LMP1 will cease to exist.

So we've got three Toyotas with less than Porsche-level tech and engineering vs two Porsches. I call that a fair fight.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:31 AM   #24

Garage
It is sad. I didn't like the Nissan car. I'm not a fan of Nissan at all and think the car they made was terrible.
However, it was so promising to see 4 big manufactures in lmp1 and there was talk of even more coming the next year.

Goodluck to Porsche and hopes for another competitor to join.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:47 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
It is sad. I didn't like the Nissan car. I'm not a fan of Nissan at all and think the car they made was terrible.
However, it was so promising to see 4 big manufactures in lmp1 and there was talk of even more coming the next year.

Goodluck to Porsche and hopes for another competitor to join.
Yes it was promising to see 4 major manufacturers in the series.
Nissan's design was awful. Just plain awful and they weren't prepared to race. They should have taken one more year to develop the car. I can only wonder how strong they could have been if they developed their cars properly. They were only about 5 sec off pace using only engine power for the whole race.
cas951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:52 PM   #26

Porsche wins #19

Well, I was right, it was a pretty interesting race! To come from 56th to win, wow! Reminds me of Montoya being dead last and winning Indy 2015.

I figured out what to click on, a little box lights up green "Live now" on the FIA WEC website. The streaming commentary was a little on the amateurish side this year, but I'll gladly trade that for no freaking commercials every ten minutes.

Went a little nutty this year, and set up two TVs in the living room, one showing the stream, and the other showing the Fox coverage. You would think that Fox would lag behind the stream, but they were actually about 20 seconds ahead. It was like looking into the future, ha!

I hope Toyota is not so discouraged that they pull out. I mean, they ARE leading the championship...

That next-to-last-lap fight between the 'Vette and the Aston was amazing! Overall, a terrific race.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:42 AM   #27

I watched and the best thing about Fox was they had Brad Kettler and Marshal Pruett on the crew. So much insight about the way things work. Just the item about Audi having a seperate crew to get up early to pre start the diesels. I watched more coverage than usual just to here these 2. On the other hand Calvin Fish needs to go...every driver is a "stud" they all are wonderful....etc.

achillies is offline   Reply With Quote