Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2016, 05:24 PM   #21
Master Brewer

Garage
Congrats Timco, well done. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE

2004 Ford F-150 4X4 Crew
6 Fast Bicycles
Bootlegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
26 years late. Better late than never. Anyone else a dirty drop-out? Nicest car in the lot to pick up my diploma, must say.

Funny story. Pulled up next to a minivan a year ago. Kid yells "mom, mom, look!"

She says "that's a Porsche, and if you stay in school and get good grades, you can have one too...."

I almost said "don't listen to that, I dropped out of HS and did just fine", but didn't want to ruin that kids attitude....
Don't Kid yourself Timcoo, Losers are Obvious lol............

It's pretty scary how many here want to congratulate a loser dropout......hopefully those idiots will hold a higher standard for their children...................

I have a few kids, mostly older than opining on this topic but if they were of the age.....I'd tell them to run from such a person as you have described, if you were a involved and a concerned parent you would do the same, my guess is that you are not.

Have fun with your pipes.....................

Last edited by coreseller; 06-07-2016 at 07:12 PM.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:28 PM   #23
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post

It's pretty scary how many here want to congratulate a loser dropout......hopefully those idiots will hold a higher standard for their children...................

I have a few kids, mostly older than opining on this topic but if they were of the age.....I'd tell them to run from such a person as you have described, if you were a involved and a concerned parent you would do the same, my guess is that you are not.

Quoted for new moderator.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:28 PM   #24
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Quote:

Really? You had to stick your nose in? I had some reservations regarding what Timco said about you but based on the above comments he is 100% dead on. You are a dickwad.
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:34 PM   #25

Quote:

I make it a practice to never get involved in off topic BS.... but I'll make an exception here. You should be banned from this site for such an unprovoked and rude comment. Typical keyboard bully. Face to face man to man I am betting you would never say anything like that... and that makes you a coward. I reported your post to the moderator. With any luck he'll take action. Back to Boxsters.

2016 BMW M2, 6 Speed LBB - ED 7/2016
1997 993 Cab - Sold; 1997 993 Turbo - Sold
2001 Boxster S - Original Owner - 30K Miles -SOLD
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 02:24 AM   #26
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
Quote:

I was actually surprised it took you that long to make a rude comment. You really are a class act.
tommy583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:44 AM   #27

Garage
Quote:
Don't Kid yourself Timcoo, Losers are Obvious lol.................
True sometimes
I hope this was tongue in check
If not WTF
I think the point of congratulations is the not settling on being a dropout

Last edited by kk2002s; 06-08-2016 at 03:46 AM.
kk2002s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 04:21 AM   #28

Garage
Quote:

My guess is Timco is far more successful than most regular HS grads and college grads for that matter. Others.....it doesn't matter how much education they have, formal or real life, will never be "smart".
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 04:23 AM   #29
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2002s View Post
True sometimes
I hope this was tongue in check
If not WTF
I think the point of congratulations is the not settling on being a dropout
I'm going to make a bold assumption that it was a rude insult and not tongue in cheek. Let's call it what it is. I've had a dozen IMS and posts on my public board taunting me too. That is the ONLY reason I've been so pissed about his attacks. The new mod, Roger, has assured me over the phone and in email that this will be dealt with, he just wanted some evidence besides the Woody thread exchange and now he has it.

You have to want to wrap up old mistakes and loose ends to enroll, and do the absurdly easy yet endless 'packets' to finish up something like this high school thing. I've wanted to wrap that up all 26 years but finally made the effort and did the assignments I was given. It was no reason to be attacked yet again. I'm sure I came off wrong in Woody's thread but my dislike of him is firmly based on his attacks. To bully someone, someone must allow you to bully them. That's where I draw my line with coredick. I won't be IMd or attacked off here like KRAM who he called cancer. I'll stand my ground and take this douche bag on any day. Then there's his other account he has used to attack me.

I'll be back on the phone with Pelican today to resolve this. Roger is way more involved than Mark was and I have zero doubt we will see him around. My first suggestion was to post, answer reports, and have a moderator presence on behalf of Pelican.

Thanks for the kind replies all. It did mean a lot to get that one little sheet of paper with my name on it for what it's worth. It was worth the effort.

My apologies to the board for sinking to his level while standing my ground previously.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:25 AM   #30
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
My guess is Timco is far more successful than most regular HS grads and college grads for that matter. Others.....it doesn't matter how much education they have, formal or real life, will never be "smart".
I have 4 other occupational and professional licenses. I didn't need the diploma. It was for my own personal reasons. To right a wrong. Felt good, so I shared this with friends. (This board). Thanks.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:57 AM   #31

Tim, I know how hard it is, but you should really try to ignore him. He baits you and you fall for it. Ignore him and eventually he'll look for someone else to bug.

Congratulations, the diploma is a big accomplishment and must be very satisfying.
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:01 AM   #32
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
I for one think it's great that you tied up loose ends and got it. I miss Kram and don't want anyone else to disappear from the site because of some jerk that has nothing better to do than harass someone they have never met. This forum is to good to let this go on any longer.
tommy583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:32 AM   #33
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
Tim, I know how hard it is, but you should really try to ignore him. He baits you and you fall for it. Ignore him and eventually he'll look for someone else to bug.

Congratulations, the diploma is a big accomplishment and must be very satisfying.
Agreed. I chose to take him on due to lack of moderation and the KRAM thing, but this new mod is a really nice guy and will be more involved. I do have issues with anger and separating that from my replies. It's not an attractive trait, and I got the message to put a cap on that.

FWIW, I never meant anything personal against you and have always felt bad about some of our conversations where we disagreed. There are many hands on this site I would like to shake. Seems there's good people here.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:39 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post

I agree with Joe.

Last edited by VGM911; 06-08-2016 at 05:45 AM.
VGM911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:53 AM   #35

Congrats Timco!
Hey...what's the status on your RI move?
Need_for_speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:03 AM   #36
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_for_speed View Post
Congrats Timco!
Hey...what's the status on your RI move?
My wife got bad advise about a 10-31 exchange on the sale of our 4plex. Now those funds are tied up until end of August. In RI you're required to put 5% down and were in the 500k neighborhood of potential homes. That's a hefty deposit. Here $500 or $1000 earnest money will suffice. So for a couple months our hands are tie before we can make a real formal offer. We did agree on a sale price but don't have $25k sitting around until funds are released. What a mess.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:48 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
My wife got bad advise about a 10-31 exchange on the sale of our 4plex. Now those funds are tied up until end of August. In RI you're required to put 5% down and were in the 500k neighborhood of potential homes. That's a hefty deposit. Here $500 or $1000 earnest money will suffice. So for a couple months our hands are tie before we can make a real formal offer. We did agree on a sale price but don't have $25k sitting around until funds are released. What a mess.
Sorry to hear that! Hope it all works out.

FYI, the housing market in this area has gone nuts. My daughter just bought her first home. It's a 3 bed, 1 bath ranch built in 1962. 1400 sq ft. It needs some work, to say the least. Sale price...$395k, or about $45k over the asking price. Every house she looked at, there was a bidding war. And you had to have at least 20 percent down in cash or your offer landed in the trash.

And now my wife and I are getting cold calls from realtors with offers from people to buy our house -- sight unseen! It's not on the market, and we have no desire to sell. It's just crazy, and a far cry from a few years ago...
Need_for_speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:00 AM   #38
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:

FYI, the housing market in this area has gone nuts. My daughter just bought her first home. It's a 3 bed, 1 bath ranch built in 1962. 1400 sq ft. It needs some work, to say the least. Sale price...$395k, or about $45k over the asking price. Every house she looked at, there was a bidding war. And you had to have at least 20 percent down in cash or your offer landed in the trash.

And now my wife and I are getting cold calls from realtors with offers from people to buy our house -- sight unseen! It's not on the market, and we have no desire to sell. It's just crazy, and a far cry from a few years ago...
Bristol house is on 1/2 acre, built 1820. 3000sq'. Just one bath. We agreed on $485k. It's been listed for months. I can add a bath easy. Full basement too, and a 1500sq' shop out back. Perfect for us.

Warren property is same era, across street from the river, only 1700sq', but has a barn that's about 4000sq' and 2.5 stories. Huge. And it's on 3 acres. About 500k. Again, been listed a while.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:45 AM   #39

Quote:

Yep housing market in certain areas are crazy. Here's one from my neighborhood.
104 Kellogg Way, Santa Clara, CA For Sale | Trulia.com
cas951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 01:46 PM   #40
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas951 View Post
Yep housing market in certain areas are crazy. Here's one from my neighborhood.
104 Kellogg Way, Santa Clara, CA For Sale | Trulia.com
I'd love to see the comps on that! That's insane. It will never sell at that price.