Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2016, 03:53 AM   #1

Durametric question regarding computer operating systems

I have a Durametric I purchased used and it works fine. I currently have the software loaded on a laptop running Windows 7 . If I change the operating system to Windows 10 will the Durametric still work ? I have an older laptop running Windows XP will the Durametric run on that ? Anyone running the Durametric on a Chromebook or tablet ?

2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 04:15 AM   #2
Reebuck1

Garage
Durametric

Yes it will work
Reebuck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:18 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
I have a Durametric I purchased used and it works fine. I currently have the software loaded on a laptop running Windows 7 . If I change the operating system to Windows 10 will the Durametric still work ? I have an older laptop running Windows XP will the Durametric run on that ? Anyone running the Durametric on a Chromebook or tablet ?
Durametric works well on Windows 10 machines. As for tablets, they have to be Windows based as well.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:01 PM   #4

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to mention that I have been running it successfully on an $80 8.9" tablet that I bought on Amazon.

the brand is Insignia and it runs Windows 10.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073GJ6ZT4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Much better than hauling a laptop around and you put it in the glove compartment!

Lots of windows tablets available these days for reasonable prices....and windows 10 works very well in tablets.
1990 Chevrolet pu pre runner
boxfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfix View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to mention that I have been running it successfully on an $80 8.9" tablet that I bought on Amazon.

the brand is Insignia and it runs Windows 10.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073GJ6ZT4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Much better than hauling a laptop around and you put it in the glove compartment!

Lots of windows tablets available these days for reasonable prices....and windows 10 works very well in tablets.
I picked up a Dell Inspiron Mini 10 at a thrift shop for $15 with Windows 7 on it. It's a bit slow overall (Atom processor), but runs the Durametric software just fine. I like having a keyboard, but I think in this case a tablet would be even better.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:05 PM   #6

A Tablet ??

I didn't know you could run Durametric on a tablet ....how do you make the USB connection...an adapter ??
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 08:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdwight View Post
I didn't know you could run Durametric on a tablet ....how do you make the USB connection...an adapter ??
yes, with an adapter.

USB to Micro usb get one on Ebay or Amazon or wherever.

Works well on a windows tablet. You can keep it in the glove box

1990 Chevrolet pu pre runner
boxfix is offline   Reply With Quote