Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2016, 09:05 AM   #1
Side Porsche

ghost window

My window likes to randomly go up. I believe last year it started and it would go up for no reason. I think it may have gone down before but going up is much more common and possibly all its doing.

I was able to hold the button for 5 seconds with the top up and the window all the way up last year and it reset the window and it worked, until last week.

A month ago when I started the car the window would roll up during the start, which takes ~1 secondish. This happened random never could make it happen but it did it enough to be annoying. Starting this past weekend it decided to roll up when driving. It does seem to do it more often when I hit rough road or a bump but it also does it when sitting still just not as often. It has been known to roll the window up with the car off. I.E. I walk out to the garage in the morning and I left the window down and the top down but just the driver side will be up randomly. Yesterday after trying to reset it the window wouldn't auto up or auto down with the button but when I stopped and started the car that started working. When the window goes up it will go all the way up if you don't stop it. Only exception to this is when I am starting it, it only rolls up while starter is running and then you release the key.

Unless someone says otherwise I am going to switch the window buttons around and see what that does. Although I think i did this before and it didn't change the operation. But I can't recall if I have done it so I'll try again.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:41 AM   #2

Sounds like you have a faulty window switch or it's not fully plugged in.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:49 AM   #3

Garage
I had the issue of the windows rolling down a little bit when hitting a bump. Obviously, the issue was the microswitch up top. Rolling up though? Has to be a loose plug for the window switch.
CoBeerToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 01:36 PM   #4
1997 Tip, 2018 Macan

Garage
Try unplugging the switch/driving for 24 hours and see if it still does it?
rexcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:09 AM   #5
Side Porsche

She did not do it one time yesterday. There are days that it happens every few seconds.

It does feel like the window on the driver side doesn't lower as fast as it use to when opening the door and the window drops. but that might just be placebo.