Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2016, 05:40 AM   #141
I am my own mechanic....

Sold the SE????

Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:44 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskoka Minute View Post
How many miles on it?
Was there any thing wrong with it.
I'm kind of interested.
Could you pm there contact information.

Bart
88k, nothing major mechanically as far as I could tell. Its a driver not a Concourse car, AC wasnt blowing cold, driver door panel needed to be replaced, has the fuel fill issue where it spits back fuel when pumping, needs a new clutch (which I have bnib). I'll send you a PM.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
GTsilber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:57 AM   #143

If anyone in South Florida wants to see the SE it is currently at Florida Performance Cars in Riviera Beach (561) 318-6050 - tell them Ben sent you!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2016, 07:21 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskoka Minute View Post
How many miles on it?
Was there any thing wrong with it.
I'm kind of interested.
Could you pm there contact information.

Bart
You could have a matched set!
Old 11-07-2016, 04:51 AM   #145

Can you give us impressions (driving, fit and finish) between the Anniversary Edition and the C4S?
heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 05:05 PM   #146

Here is a link to my for sale thread
http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-parts-sale-wanted/64232-2004-boxster-s-parts-sale-garage-cleanout.html#post515846
Old 11-07-2016, 05:57 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliguy View Post
Can you give us impressions (driving, fit and finish) between the Anniversary Edition and the C4S?
Driving:
You can definitely feel the additional weight in the 996 and the rear mounted engine weighs down the car a lot. The additional weight and distribution is a pretty dramatic departure compared to the 986. Where the 986 was light, nimble, and agile the 996 seems like a pig and isn't as maneuverable in corners (impression after 2 days of driving.) The added power of the 3.6, roughly 65 hp, over the 3.4 is noticeable and the AWD helps keep the car planted, the C4s feels incredibly solid and grounded. You can feel the additional power, a 986 with a 3.6 would be a sensational car to drive. I haven't driven a C2 996 but I would imagine that it's easy to brake the rear end loose with only rwd. My C4s has the PSE so that definitely makes it sound great but I think the 986 is more drivable if that makes sense.

Fit/Finish:
Very similar finish but one thing that I do love is the fact that I get to stare into the 996's bowels by just opening the trunk...I really despised having to go through a 20 minute ordeal every time to get to the engine, i'm lazy. A lot of the interior components are identical to the 986, mine has the Navi as well as parktronic which is a really nice feature for a car that's 14 years old - but overall, the interior is bland and darth vaderish. I do love the widebody styling of the 996 C4S, I think it makes the car...identical body as the 996 turbo with the exception of the side air scoops.

If I could have both a 996 and a 986 that would be ideal, both cars serve different purposes and I enjoy different aspects of both models.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:36 AM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTsilber View Post
Driving:
You can definitely feel the additional weight in the 996 and the rear mounted engine weighs down the car a lot. The additional weight and distribution is a pretty dramatic departure compared to the 986. Where the 986 was light, nimble, and agile the 996 seems like a pig and isn't as maneuverable in corners (impression after 2 days of driving.) The added power of the 3.6, roughly 65 hp, over the 3.4 is noticeable and the AWD helps keep the car planted, the C4s feels incredibly solid and grounded. You can feel the additional power, a 986 with a 3.6 would be a sensational car to drive. I haven't driven a C2 996 but I would imagine that it's easy to brake the rear end loose with only rwd. My C4s has the PSE so that definitely makes it sound great but I think the 986 is more drivable if that makes sense.

Fit/Finish:
Very similar finish but one thing that I do love is the fact that I get to stare into the 996's bowels by just opening the trunk...I really despised having to go through a 20 minute ordeal every time to get to the engine, i'm lazy. A lot of the interior components are identical to the 986, mine has the Navi as well as parktronic which is a really nice feature for a car that's 14 years old - but overall, the interior is bland and darth vaderish. I do love the widebody styling of the 996 C4S, I think it makes the car...identical body as the 996 turbo with the exception of the side air scoops.

If I could have both a 996 and a 986 that would be ideal, both cars serve different purposes and I enjoy different aspects of both models.
Thanks for that, it was exactly the type of response I was looking for.

heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote