Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2003, 08:52 AM   #1
Ben
Forum Member

Talking The new love of my life

Just registered to the forum, seems all you guys in USA, enjoy better weather than U.K. judging from the pictures!
I have recently bought a 98 boxster 2.5, arctic silver, full black leather, climate etc. I am delighted. I just LOVE my car. My missus doesnt understand.

However there are a few things I would change. Mine has the older four-spoke wheel, and I wouldn't mind changing this for a 3-spoke current version. I also wouldn't mind changing the pedals to alloy versions, they look nice! Anyone done this to their car, and if so, any advice?

Lastly, took my motor to the dealer last week. Found rust! Around the door catches and one engine air intake. Anyone who owns an older boxster might find the same. I was only alerted by a magazine article, and am waiting to hear from the dealer about getting it sorted under the anti-rust warranty. Might be worth having a look...!

Will post some pictures of my motor (in not so sunny locations, and rust spots)

Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 02:01 PM   #2

Well, *New* England has some similar weather to yours... and the resulting concern about rust. One of the folks in the local Boxster group here (ReyF) pointed out the need to be careful in removing the water that pools just behind the doors, in the groove under the top mechanism (under the forward-most points of the "crescent" that is the convertible top cover). This is now a standard step in my Boxster wash routine. You might want to check those two spots as well if you're looking to raise the rust issue with the dealer.

Enjoy your car!

Last edited by donv; 12-12-2003 at 02:09 PM.
donv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 04:12 AM   #3
Ben
Forum Member

The wife

Here she is!

Ben is offline   Reply With Quote