Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2006, 06:23 AM   #21

Lots of first time Porsche owners here eh?

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...tar14266_4.gif
EX-88 951, 87 951, 86 944na, 85.5 944na 00 Audi S4..01 Boxster S .etc..etc
Marc Gelefsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 08:26 AM   #22

man, i could care less what other people think. i love my car, period. it's not about being seen; there are owners and there are ENTHUSIASTS. to the question, "why did you buy a boxster?" i reply, "get in and i'll show you."

the first time i take a run at a fast 90 right holding 65mph without touching the brakes and they mutter their first "oh GOD," i'm quite sure they understand why i bought a boxster.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 08:38 AM   #23
KronixSpeed

workkkkkk

i get hit up all the time about my kar. great topic that i don't like to discuss. it is after all just a car. my reply to the haters or ones that like to stereotype is...hey i work work and workkkkk.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:47 PM   #24

Occasionally, many of us may encounter some level of Porsche backlash. When that happens to me, I try to turn it around and have some fun. I recently went into our accounting department to pick up a small expense check for reimbursement for some mileage I had driven on company business. The accounting clerk tried to provoke me by saying I shouldn’t even have submitted the expense for reimbursement since I was “rich enough to drive that expensive BMW.” With a straight face and the snootiest affectation I could muster I told the clerk that she was wrong on two accounts: First, it was a Boxster Ferrari and secondly, I married well. You should have seen the look on her face! Her assistant on the other hand, immediately understood the wise crack and laughed uncontrollably. I chuckled for the rest of the afternoon.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:52 PM   #25
olly986

it is funy one of my ex staff came for dinner in the restaurant last week and said "i saw you in your porsche last week" my reply was well i have been driving boxsters for the last 4 years now!
his reply was you know what is said about porsche drivers...wigling is little finger on front of me (obliviously that porsche owners have small willies) my reply was here are the keys are you going to refuse a drive (my thought was what a wanker!)

can't please everyone and frankly ....**************** them all!!
Old 05-28-2006, 02:49 PM   #26

So, here's one for you. In every stereotype and exaggeration, there is a kernal of truth.
I'm at the grocery store this morning. I come out of the store, and smack dab in front of the store there is a guy climbing out of his silver Carrera. He has just parked it in the yellow cross-hatched triangle at the front end of the lot, even closer than the handicapped spaces. His purpose, apparently, was to park where he was not likely to get his precious Carrera dinged, while at the same time maximizing his visibility, and minimizing the tedious trek from the back of the lot.
It is this sense of entitlement demonstrated by some Porsche folks that turns others off about Porsches.
Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote