Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2016, 01:26 PM   #1

New 00 Boxster S owner intro from Spain

Hi,
I have been lurking the forum for a long time and am now finally a owner of a blue metallic 00 Boxster S with 39000 Km about 24000 miles, Savannah interior. Maintain records impeccable.

Couple of questions
Where can I purchase a owners manual in English?

Does anybody have a single din stereo with nav? Interested in how they like it or would going to a double din conversion be better.

How much difference does a dash speaker replacement make to the sound stock system?

Is there a plug and play amp upgrade or adaptor for the own harness to interface aftermarket head to a amp?

Hopefully be able to post a pic after this week end.

Cunningr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:28 PM   #2
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Welcome to the Forum!

You can find PDF owner's manuals floating around online, you can purchased used on eBay, or you can order new from a dealer or part supplier. A part number is hard to pin down by year, but the PN should start with: WKD.986

There are several single DIN nav options, however, if you want to keep the OEM look take at look at the Becker models. I can't comment on upgrading the dash speakers, but adding rear speakers does make difference, they help 'fill in' the sound. Not aware of any direct plug and play amps, besides the 6x40w 996 amp, which would only be helpful for adding rear speakers.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000 View Post
Welcome to the Forum!

You can find PDF owner's manuals floating around online, you can purchased used on eBay, or you can order new from a dealer or part supplier. A part number is hard to pin down by year, but the PN should start with: WKD.986

There are several single DIN nav options, however, if you want to keep the OEM look take at look at the Becker models. I can't comment on upgrading the dash speakers, but adding rear speakers does make difference, they help 'fill in' the sound. Not aware of any direct plug and play amps, besides the 6x40w 996 amp, which would only be helpful for adding rear speakers.
Thanks for the welcome. I haven't had much luck finding my year manual in a PDFs, probably just try to order one through Porsche, I bought the car in Spain thus the owners manual issue.

Several reason I want to change head unit is to add navigation and Bluetooth I use Spotify so be nice to stream. That said I want to easily return back to stock, the car is in such good shape I don't want to make any non reversible mods.

Main question with a flip up din unit is how much of an issue is there with the AC controls.

Cunningr is offline   Reply With Quote