Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2016, 10:34 AM   #1

Throttle body cleaning

Hello,ran into a small problem.On my 2003 boxster i am installing new AOS and decided to clean throttle body while i am in there. The second air intake pipe there is a little i guess gas release/pressure line/intake rubber hose? that i knew was there but when i carefully twisted the main intake to take off and clean that rubber hose pulled out from i guess the engine top which i did not see where it was plugged into and having a hard time finding where it does plug into. Have some pictures. The way the airintake sits is that line is underneth and seemed to run in the direction of the top left corner of picture of engine some where. By that red colored hose thats in there? It must be a very small hole to plug-in to see where it goes as i am scanning very closely. Anyone know? thanks.

Attached Images

eomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 10:36 AM   #2

Engine picture went side ways. It would bottom left corner.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:42 PM   #3

You'll see the connecting end over by the AOS. You'll see it if you hunt a bit.

I did an AOS on a 2003 last week and accidentally disconnected the same hose when reconnecting the oil filler tube.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 05:53 PM   #4

Thanks i will look in the morning. I saw a picture where it looks like it is connecting to the left far rear on the inner side of the air intake manifold # 3 or #1 if you are standing behind the car.Kinda deep in there.Guess i am going to have to feel for it.
Attached Images