Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2016, 05:54 AM   #1

Question Forum Issue

I've noticed this going on for a while now. Sometimes the forum won't state that there's new posts in a thread, or it won't make the title bold indicating that it has new posts, when it indeed has new posts.

This has made me miss a lot of new posts on threads that I try to follow. Just looks as if no one's posted anything new in some of the forums, but they have. They have the icon that shows there's no new posts, there's no bold title, yet there's posts in them that have been posted since I've checked.

I'm not on about 'subscribing' a thread with email notifications - that works fine.

It's been happening for a few weeks now. Any ideas guys?

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 05:59 AM   #2

I believe this happens when you clear your cookies and/or browser history
boxxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 06:00 AM   #3

Very strange, as I haven't deleted either

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting
Old 02-25-2016, 05:14 PM   #4

I haven't noticed this issue. Sorry if that doesn't help much. Using mostly Safari on iOS devices but with the occasional Google chrome session using a Windows laptop.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:37 PM   #5
I am my own mechanic....

I'm just glad those new ads in each OP magically disappeared.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:38 AM   #6

Just to show that the problem is still here, whatever device I'm looking on:

Look at that. Look at the dates on the four topics below the Stickies - it says "Yesterday" that they've been created/posted in, but it shows that there are no new posts. I haven't been on the forum in days, so they ARE new posts. But it thinks I've visited everything. There's even one that's been added today but it's still showing as old.

What the hell is going on?

Old 02-29-2016, 05:20 AM   #7
I am my own mechanic....

Maybe a site setting that says Mark all as read?

Mine shows bold new topics or new posts. Blue for new and green bold for visited thread with new post.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:23 AM   #8

Yeah that's how it should be.

I think I may have fixed it. I read up on it and it's an error in the forum skin apparently. My settings were to show the website as '986 Forum vBulletin 3 Style' in my settings, rather than 'Forum Default'. I switched it to Forum Default (which is still the 986 style), and it seems to have worked.

I'll let you guys know in a day or two if it's still working

Old 02-29-2016, 06:56 AM   #9

I can confirm that this has solved the problem switching from the 986 Forum vBulletin 3 Style skin in the 'Edit Options' section of the User CP, and setting it to 'Forum Default'.

Thanks guys!