Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2016, 11:10 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghii View Post
Yes, your car looks great! Tell me about the antenna on top of the windshield..is it for sat radio? How is the wire run? Thanks!
I only use that telephone to call JD (Johnny Danger)

You actually gave me an idea RE "sat" radio. I could change my old unit. Quickly closed the browser when I saw the prices. Geez man, never expected those to be that expansive

Old 01-31-2016, 12:51 PM   #22

Garage
If you wanna sell those red/clear tail lights, I might be interested. I'm completely the opposite. Stock was a failure lol. Anything and everything can be improved. Even a sandwich hehe. I hate the amber look on this car, which is odd cause when I had my Eclipse GSX, I had the European tails with the amber blinkers and rear fogs. When I was a teen I had a Honda that I installed amber corners on the front from the OEM clears.

But the Porsche, I want silver/red. I want nice expensive wheels, insane over the top wall penetrating audio system, high horsepower engine. Etc. I absolutely hate those led tail lights tho, too much rice. They make the Porsche aftermarket tails like...eww. The RX7 now has tail lights that look a lot like new lamborghini. Super awesome. Wish there were nice tails for the 986

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2016, 04:39 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
I only use that telephone to call JD (Johnny Danger)

You actually gave me an idea RE "sat" radio. I could change my old unit. Quickly closed the browser when I saw the prices. Geez man, never expected those to be that expansive
Thanks. Never seen that before!
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 04:46 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
I AM a Porsche Purist, see... I kept the hood batch 'as-is'

GTCollection.com - Porsche Boxster 986

Porsche Boxster 986 modified

(sorry Chuck, luck with finding all the kits you are looking for mate, keep it well)
That's the first I've seen pics of your ride....She's a beauty!!
pony13ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:29 AM   #25

Garage
I went to the outlaw look not long after buying my Boxster as I didn't like the orange and red tail lights or the side marker lights. My first tail light change was to the black and red LED. A few years later, after the car was painted, I decided on the 550 Spyder edition tail lights which are all red, except the back up. I kept the Boxster emblem off as I think it is one of the cheapest looking things on the car. The side marker lights are smoke and the head lights no longer have the egg yolk. I like the clean look of the car now especially with the 18" rims. Not stock but close enough with just enough personal preference.

Luv2Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:51 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Box View Post
I decided on the 550 Spyder edition tail lights which are all red, except the back up.
Yeah... I go back to stock with the amber ones but now I am on the hunt for the red 550 SE tail lights. I have a feeling they'll look good on the guards red. I have a left hand side one already and I'll keep my eyes open for right side one.

2016 BMW M2, 6 Speed LBB - ED 7/2016
1997 993 Cab - Sold; 1997 993 Turbo - Sold
2001 Boxster S - Original Owner - 30K Miles -SOLD
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 01:47 PM   #27

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck W. View Post
Yeah... I go back to stock with the amber ones but now I am on the hunt for the red 550 SE tail lights. I have a feeling they'll look good on the guards red. I have a left hand side one already and I'll keep my eyes open for right side one.
Well, in case you don't want to wait for a needle in a haystack here they are at Suncoast. They're marked down but when I bought mine from them they were trying to give them away. Mine were $225 when they were desperate. Looks like they got popular.
Suncoast Porsche Parts & Accessories Red Tail Light Kit (986)
Luv2Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 03:46 PM   #28

Garage
Or you can diy, order some krylon stained glass in red. I did a set of tail lights once ,not only to change the amber to red but add a Lil more cherry red to the tails and lemme tell you, they looked ahhmazing. Lemme see if I can find a pic. I've actually done it twice on two different cars.

Old 02-01-2016, 03:53 PM   #29

Garage

You can go as light or dark as you like or mask off the red totally so it comes out more oem looking. It's similar to VHT Niteshade but smaller cans, made primarily for fake stained glass.

In fact, idk why I didn't think of it, Metalcast. It's paint easily found at AutoZone for making candy looking objects, using a silver base coat tho. But over anything else it will come out just the same. It's what I used to Match the tail lights on the spoiler.

Last edited by DarkStar; 02-01-2016 at 03:57 PM.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote