Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2016, 06:32 PM   #41
2002 Boxster S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Manually disconnect it at the lift mechanism electrical connector.
Which requires removing the bumperettes and bumper cover, if I recall correctly. Not quite as simple as pulling a fuse, or even pulling a spade connector off a motor. You have to get to the motor, first.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:40 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver-S View Post
Which requires removing the bumperettes and bumper cover, if I recall correctly. Not quite as simple as pulling a fuse, or even pulling a spade connector off a motor. You have to get to the motor, first.
You can access the connector from the trunk. No bumper removal needed(not on a 99 at least).

Top_Ramen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 06:11 AM   #43

Cool 986 Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
derfo any updates ?
Hello rfuerst911sc;

I am having to deal with illness but I should have photos on the forum in a week or so. I will put a few on so everyone can see it from different angles and the raised up position.
derfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 06:15 AM   #44

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver-S View Post
Ouch! yeah, that's kind of a lot...

I still can't imagine that thing going up and down, seems quite an odd look to have a spoiler like that move.

Still can't wait to get mine tho :-)
Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 01:34 PM   #45

Hi derfo.

I'm in the UK and will be interested in one of your spoilers.

Hope you get your health sorted soon.
jimk04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 02:25 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by derfo View Post
Hello rfuerst911sc;

I am having to deal with illness but I should have photos on the forum in a week or so. I will put a few on so everyone can see it from different angles and the raised up position.
Hope you are feeling better soon.
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 05:59 AM   #47

Garage
I like that spoiler.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:46 AM   #48

Quote:
We have a winner !!! Please keep us posted on your progress I'll go ahead and throw my name in the hat for a purchase if the end product looks good and is reasonable in cost. Is your plan to do it in fiberglass or something else ? Does this fit over the OEM top cap or replace it ? I think it's just held on with 3 rivets ? Anyway nice looking work .
I want in line for one too!
looks perfect for what I want.

Tim
timlawton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:48 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by derfo View Post
I have got one made. I just need to do the final touches, then make a mold and see who wants one.
Put me down for one!!!
That's perfect for what I want.

Tim
timlawton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:36 AM   #50

i could also be in for one! especially since you're in the UK!
koosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:27 AM   #51

Is that pic just for sizing / example? Will the actual piece take the place of the OEM painted part? If so I like it.
alm001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:24 AM   #52

Cool 986 Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alm001 View Post
Is that pic just for sizing / example? Will the actual piece take the place of the OEM painted part? If so I like it.
Hello alm001

The spoiler will take the place of the OEM capping piece. I should have some photos of it on the car by the weekend.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:11 PM   #53

Cool 986 Spoiler

As promised a few photos of the spoiler on the car.

Old 01-20-2016, 07:26 PM   #54

Is this an aerodynamic aide, or more of a cosmetic device intended to improve the looks of the car?

Last edited by VGM911; 01-20-2016 at 10:56 PM.
VGM911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:30 AM   #55

Now that is brilliant and beautiful. Great workmanship skills... not easy to make but apparently doable. wow

ps... when are you going to express paint this? hurry, bet a lot of us here wants to see the final results
Old 01-21-2016, 03:20 AM   #56

Cool 986 spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Now that is brilliant and beautiful. Great workmanship skills... not easy to make but apparently doable.

ps... when are you going to express paint this? hurry, bet a lot of us here wants to see the final results
Hello Nine8Six;

Thanks for your positive comments. This is a pattern, I am going to make a mold from it so I can produce them.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:27 AM   #57

Cool 986 Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGM911 View Post
Is this an aerodynamic aide, or more of a cosmetic device intended to improve the looks of the car?
Hello VGM911

I am not sure whether it will add to rear down force at speed, but from the comments I have had it is aesthetically pleasing to most.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:34 AM   #58

Derfo nice pics it is exactly what i want. So now time for follow up questions. Aprox. When do you think parts will be available to purchase ? Will there be any import/export license issues ? Any idea what shipping might be to the u.s. ? How solid is the spoiler ? Any flex to it or is it solid ? You have done a great job with this congratulations.
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
Old 01-21-2016, 04:05 AM   #59

Cool 986 Spoiler

Quote:
Derfo nice pics it is exactly what i want. So now time for follow up questions. Aprox. When do you think parts will be available to purchase ? Will there be any import/export license issues ? Any idea what shipping might be to the u.s. ? How solid is the spoiler ? Any flex to it or is it solid ? You have done a great job with this congratulations.
Hello rfuerst911sc

The mold is the next step. I want to make it so there will be very little finishing to the spoiler before paint. I cant give a time as yet when it will be available. I have to make the mold then do the lay up for the spoiler and see how it comes out. The spoiler will be a fibre glass skin with foam centre.
I deal with couriers through my business so I will give details on shipping when I am ready to roll.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:50 AM   #60

Fiberglass with foam core shold be light and strong very nice. It looks like we have some customers on this side of the pond so hopefully you can have some fun and make some money. Just try to check in once in a while to update your progress. Thank you for taking this on .