Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2015, 06:36 PM   #1

Door Won't Close

My 02 Boxster is at college with my daughter 900 miles away. I've searched the archives for this issue but have found nothing.
When she attempts to close the door (DS) it will not stay closed or latch. I've had her try to move the latch mech, hold the door shut and cycle the locks, look for anything in the jamb, pull the outside and inside handles a few times, ect. But the door will not stay closed. She sent pics of the latch on both sides and they appear to be in the same position. She says the latch on the drivers side moves easier than the passenger side when she pushes on it.
Is this a known issue? Anybody have a fix?
Thanks,

Larry

lbell101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 04:39 AM   #2
Project Addicted

You're a good dad to let your daughter take the Box off to college!

I would guess that you have a latch broken. Can she work the catch with a screw driver to see if it is stayin larches and not just flipping open?
1986 944, 2000 Boxster
jcslocum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 02:28 PM   #3

Thanks Jon,

I had here try that last night. It started working again this morning so I'm not going to worry about it for now. I'll check it out next time I am there. So good for now I guess.

Larry

lbell101 is offline   Reply With Quote