Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2017, 10:02 PM   #41

I still haven't gotten to taking any pictures. But I think I've figured out how to connect antenna and amplifier power to the ISO harness. I read somewhere that the amp needs front and rear audio, because it combines the signals for the door speakers (subs). Unfortunately I only have left and right, not four channel output (low lever, that is). Should I be worried? Will it still work?

fridsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:13 AM   #42

Aaaand it's alive!
I had to change the low level audio to ISO harness, and the door speakers currently don't work (see previous post), but it's alive!

I also have a bit of a problem with Track Recorder (plugin for Torque), which won't get the picture from my USB camera. That's a minor issue, though.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:12 AM   #43

Wiring fixed, sort of. It works, I get sound to all speakers. I managed to get it connected to my OBDLink MX Bluetooth as well. But the time and date seem to have issues. When I start it, it gets set to the last time I synced it to the mobile network, so that's a bit of an issue.

I know that what's supposed to be battery +12V is connected to the right pin on the head unit, but perhaps it's not working as it should.