Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2015, 09:07 AM   #21

Garage
Hard to resist.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGCdEwdGMY8

911monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:26 PM   #22

This short clip shows a little more of the right hander he was coming out of.

Magnus Walker Porsche 911 Crash
JRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
well instead of "slow in, fast out" he did "ooooops... WTF?!!...
I’ve had a little DE track time---not enough to write home about, but a little. And, between them and my occasional shenanigans on the local backroads, I’ve become familiar with this concept I still struggle with this one though: to what extent did he have control once the fishtailing started up? One can play around with this to no end...for example, would he have brought it to some other comparatively safe stop had the lift in the back of the truck been sitting 3 or 4 ft lower? I'd love to re-enact what actually happened on some perfect simulator, no passenger and no chance of injury to anyone. To see what I'd have done in the same situation, and how it would have worked out. Preferably in a Boxster

And while I whole-heartedly agree that being overly critical of how someone drives out of a difficult situation sets you up for the ultimate humbling experience when, inevitably, sometime down the road you yourself misjudge a situation and lose it, this gets my vote as the wisest comment in the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
Showboating on the street with cold tires. Magnus knows better. He is a skilled driver but let the red mist get the better of him. Glad everyone walked away from this one.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote