Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2015, 12:49 PM   #1

Center console delete and backup camera.

Hello,

I would like to delete my center console since I am a tall person. In the process I would like to replace my stereo system. I would like to have a backup camera. Is there a way to integrate the AC unit into a touch screen/backup camera system/stereo all in one? I was looking at one of the jenson sound systems with a backup camera screen that pops out, but when out it would block control to the AC unit which isn't optimal.

Thanks

Old 07-19-2015, 01:01 PM   #2
Custom User Title Here

Garage
No. If you move the CC unit to the lower slot, the vents will be blocked by the screen. If it's in the upper slot, it will be blocked by the screen. If you want something like that, best to keep your lower console in so that you can move the CC down there.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:22 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by newob View Post
Is there a way to integrate the AC unit into a touch screen/backup camera system/stereo all in one?
If you are apt at electronics and programming, then yes. This would most likely involve building your own controller (look at how many wires leave the AC unit) and automating the controller with either an app on your head unit or a separate computer (Arduino?).

If you DO make this work, you could probably commercialize the solution and sell it to us and 996 owners.

PaulDash is offline   Reply With Quote