Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2015, 04:42 AM   #1

air bag light!

Hello,

I have a 97 Tip. Recently the light went on for the airbag. I have a wifi ODB2 reader/scanner. I thought I could reset the error. WHen I do a diagnostic scan it says no errors found. How can I reset the airbag light?

Old 07-15-2015, 05:10 AM   #2
Artist, 986S tinkerer

you can reset the light with a Durametric or other Porsche specific tool. but why is the light on? These tools will give you that info as well.
NewArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 06:42 AM   #3

You can reset it, but it will come back on within minutes, or sometimes within days. I have had that problem twice on my 98 Box. Each time it was the seat belt buckle receptacle. Once on each side. Nothing short of replacement would make the light stay off.
schnellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:48 AM   #4

If it's indeed the seatbelt receptacles, you can try disconnecting the battery and squirting them with contact cleaner, letting them fully dry out, and then re-attaching the battery and running the durametric software to clear the airbag code. Others have had some success with this.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote