Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2015, 11:42 AM   #1

One touch window problem

On my 2006 Boxster, my passenger side window works normal.. goes down when it should, goes back up when it should, one touch works up and down.
On the drivers side.. not so good. One touch does not work on up but is fine on down. Window drops when opening door or roof. But does not go back up to highest position when the door is closed or roof is up or down. I have tried the reset listed in the manual but no luck. Anything I could find on here I tried but no luck. This all happened after my battery died. This is not a big problem but it is annoying.

coveylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:48 AM   #2
still plays with cars...

Garage
If the reset procedure doesn't work, it's possible the regulator is on its way out.
Relatively easy DIY fix.
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:49 AM   #3
still plays with cars...

Garage
If the reset procedure doesn't work, it's possible the regulator is on its way out.
Relatively easy DIY fix. Several step by step instructions here and on YouTube.
Crap. Unintentional double post.
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:25 PM   #4

What did you do for the reset procedure? I never read the manual but figured it out on my own. I have to do this every time I disconnect the battery. I hold the down switch until it goes all the way down and do the same with up. Don't let go until 2 seconds after it has reached it's max. It seems to reset the locations of the window stop.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:54 PM   #5

Well, have the same problem every season on the passenger side, because the battery is off over winter time.

In my Box it takes longer than 2 secs (manual says 5 secs). So i fully run the window down and let the knob pressed down for 10 secs. Than i fully run the window up and let the knob pressed for 10 secs. Than in general the one touch function is back. If not, i'll give a second try. Always got it back working.

Regards
Markus

Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote