Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2003, 04:04 PM   #1
Forum Contributor

Plastic Rear Window

Hello. I am currently negotiating on a beautiful 2000 Boxster S, six speed.

I am concerned the plastic window may only last a few more years.

One, does the Porsche cleaner really help?

Two, does anyone know if there was any change to the convertible mechanism from 2000 - 2003?

Wondering if a new roof, with the glass rear window would work in a 2000.

This board looks fun, thank you in advance.

If anyone cares, the car is Cobalt blue metallic, with black leather and a blue roof.

It seems to be pretty well loaded for a 2000. Xenon lights, heated seats, turbo look 18" wheels, cruise, hi-fi, full leather, silver painted roll bars, exterior color painted console, carbon steering wheel, shift knob and emergency brake handle, headlight washers, color wheel crest and seat crest. There may be a few other things, but I cannot remember.

Clean car, new tires, 23k miles. What is a fair price? Dealer asking 33,600, plus another $2k, if I want it certified.

I guess this is know, two separate topics. Comments on either would be appreciated.

EmuMessenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 04:59 PM   #2

Hello,

We've discussed the glass rear window. Check the forum, but the conclusion was that it wasn't really feasible. The thinking is that it would take around 15k to retrofit the glass rear window.

As for the price, I just bought a 2000 boxster (not S) with 30k miles. Mine didn't have as many options. No heated seats, and no CD player, but leather, and the convertible top was absolutely perfect. I paid 9k less than what you're thinking of paying before the extra 2k for the 'certified'

You'll have to make your own choices of course.

Good luck,

JBG
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 05:24 PM   #3
Forum Contributor

So assuming you paid $25k, this seems like a reasonable deal. More negotiating needs to happen. The original sticker was $67k.

I'll search around some more on the top, but I just figured if the top was the same, along with the movement, it could be a direct swap. As I understand, the car is already wired for a rear defogger, since it comes with the hard top.

EmuMessenger is offline   Reply With Quote