Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2015, 06:16 AM   #21
Registered Boxster abuser

It is possible you have a bad one as I have purchase a few in the past and onetime it did not work out of the box.

healthservices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 02:26 PM   #22

Garage
I got Vgate iCar 2 wifi model about year ago and works grate with Dash Command.If you are on iOS then wifi is the only way to go. Its shuts down automatically after 30min if not connected to phone, so you can leave it on a car and it will not drain battery. I kicked it once when I was getting out of the car, so now I just keep it in a car. I like Torque Pro more but its only on Android.

ArmenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:34 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan1966 View Post
I purchased one of these - Vgate OBD Bluetooth ELM scanner

http://www.amazon.com/Vgate-Bluetooth-Scanner-TORQUE-ANDROID/dp/B00AAOOQJC

I have tried it with 4 different android apps but cannot get it to connect. The power light comes on but it will not get passed that. I tried it with my phone and a tablet but no luck.

I tried the same unit in a Toyota Sienna with no luck. I tried it in my 2010 Dodge Avenger and it worked.

Is it possible there is some connection / protocol difference in the Porsche (I have a 2004 Boxster S) that is preventing this from working?
1. Make sure you're connected to be OBD reader before launching your software.
2. It could be our software too. I use two types. Dash Command and OBD Fusion. With Dash Command I have to connect several times before it actually connects with the reader. With OBD Fusion it connects instantly on all my cars and I'm using the same wireless OBD reader.

cas951 is offline   Reply With Quote