04-14-2006, 09:39 AM
|
#1
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 82
|
I'm doing great! 23.5 mpg !! Mostly canyon driving, not really city and not really highway, but it's been raining a lot and I haven't really been pushing it much... yet.
|
|
|
04-14-2006, 09:56 AM
|
#2
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 335
|
I average about 20, but on a drive from Buffalo to DC I got just under 30 on the highway, and I wasn't exactly taking it easy.
On a related note:
I recently moved. I used to have about a 3 mile commute each way on suburban roads, stop and go traffic most of the way. I now have a 17 mile commute each way, with most of that on the highway.
Before I would go home for lunch, so I made that round trip twice, about 12 miles a day, and now I've got about a 35 mile round trip.
I've found that I'm not really filling my turbocharged Jetta much more than I used to even with the huge increase in mileage. I used to fill weekly, and now I probably fill maybe one more time per month. The car gets great mileage on the highway - off boost - and is an absolute pig in stop and go - on boost.
Something to think about if you're considering a turbocharged car...
|
|
|
04-14-2006, 10:45 AM
|
#3
|
|
Guest
|
About 23 mpg with 1,700 miles on a 987S. 90% highway.
|
|
|
|
04-14-2006, 11:05 AM
|
#4
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,431
|
16-18MPG depending on how i drive...
__________________
http://i46.tinypic.com/2qx0rqs.jpg
2001 Boxster Artic Silver / Black Interior
-GT3 Front Bumper w/ Lip
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3
-Alpine PDX 5 Amp
-Bose OEM Subwoofer & Midrange
-Audio Controld DQXS (DSP)
|
|
|
04-14-2006, 11:13 AM
|
#5
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Rocklin CA
Posts: 94
|
23 mpg-90% freeway driving 70-75 mph.
__________________
'01 S
Schnell STS
Supersprint exhaust
EVOMS Intake
Glass rear window
|
|
|
04-14-2006, 11:14 AM
|
#6
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,709
|
too low!
damn gas went up again. $2.77
$30 got me 3/4's full.
(yeah I'know other's have it worse but you should see how much I pay in car insurance and NYC parking and these toll roads are getting ridiculuous)
When the weather is cold I get about 20-22 mpg. I tend to short shift and go easy on my cold tires until I'm at 180 temp.
When the weather is nice and the top is down I drive fast and hang out in third gear like its a long lost friend. 17 mpg.
__________________
GT3 Recaro Seats - Boxster Red
GT3 Aero / Carrera 18" 5 spoke / Potenza RE-11
Fabspeed Headers & Noise Maker
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
|
|
|
04-14-2006, 11:42 AM
|
#7
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 7,242
|
I got less than 20 mpg around town before my new 02 sensors. Now I get about 23 mph in town and over 25 on my "road trips" to the country where I hammer it the whole time. Go figure.
If your boxster has 60k on it, replace your 02 sensors before they go out and throw a CE light... you'll be glad you did and enjoy the fuel savings as well.
I believe performance went up too after I changed them, but that's just my butt dyno.
|
|
|
04-14-2006, 12:03 PM
|
#8
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Surf City, NC
Posts: 1,079
|
OBC says 25-26.5 in normal (95% open road) driving. Almost no stop-n-go. Regular but not constant trips to redline in lower gears,
Got almost 30 on mostly Interstate trip to Tampa area and back in Dec 05 @ 80 mph average.
Early months 22+ mpg until broken in.
__________________
Mike
04 Boxster S - Basalt/Savanna, 6sp, Carrera lites, hardtop
70 914-6 - Black over tan, original/stock
PCA since 1970
|
|
|
04-14-2006, 12:04 PM
|
#9
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Idianapolis, IN USA
Posts: 52
|
I was getting about 23-24 on my daily driving and 30 on my long highway trips and I was getting a shudder sometimes as the car reved down to idle....I called the dealer service group and was told that my mileage was "too good" and that I should drive the car harder...more 3.5 to 4+k plus shifts. Well sure enough my city mileage went down to about 22 and the highway stayed at 30 and the shuddering is drasticly reduced....can only assume that my city driving was "clogging" the system. Only about 8500 miles on the car to date....bought the car with 3500 miles on it 5 months ago...must have benn someones weekend car but is now driven daily. Very happy I have a 100k CPO warranty!
__________________
Paul
2004 Boxster
Triple black
stock as a rock
|
|
|
05-23-2008, 09:53 AM
|
#10
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 27
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
too low!
damn gas went up again. $2.77
$30 got me 3/4's full.
|
I really miss the days where gas was ONLY $2.77 a gallon for premium.
I get mid 20s all over the place, but my driving is probably 70% highway.
I just filled up at $4.11 per gallon, and that was the cheapest around me here in Mercer County, NJ.
This thread is great for tracking our nation's gas prices. Perfectlap's post quoted above was made in April of 2006.
|
|
|
05-23-2008, 09:58 AM
|
#11
|
|
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 617
|
One thing that has to be taken into consideration I think when talking about MPG is that while someone's MPG might be lower because they do mostly city driving that that person is probably driving a shorter distance, so therefore using less gas. So while I may be only getting 15.7 MPG, I'm only probably driving 5 miles to get downtown as opposed to the guy who has to get on the highway for an hour. Just something to think about.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:47 AM.
| |