Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2015, 07:50 AM   #1

convertible top side weatherstripping- adjustable ?

I recently had my 02 S conv. top and frame replaced with another that had a glass window. The frame is a 3 bow just like what I took off. I have a slight air leak/whistle where the weatherstripping meets the window towards the back. Is there any adjustment in the weatherstripping that would allow it to push out towards the glass ? I'm thinking .010 would do it. The weatherstripping that is on the top/frame is in good shape, compliant to the touch with no visible damage. Any help is appreciated.

2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:27 AM   #2

Garage
Hey Reufers; It may be your window regulator just needs adjustment. There are 2 plugs on bottom of door you can remove to expose the adjustment screws. Loosen and you can slide in or out to adjust the angle the window contacts the weatherstrip. Hope this helps.
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:11 AM   #3

Great tip thanks I will try that.

2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote