Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2015, 08:01 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAM36 View Post
Apparently you can't read. Post #4

Once again I put nobody in danger but myself. You don't end my freedom, I'll drive however the hell I want to drive if I'm only putting myself in danger.

More then likely you're being a hypocrite, like you never driven your Boxster spiritedly on any public road. Save it bud.

151 mph equals Spirited Driving?

Honest Question........ Does it Hurt to be That Stupid?

coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:07 PM   #82
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
151 mph equals Spirited Driving?

Honest Question........ Does it Hurt to be That Stupid?
Sure it is when done in the right circumstances. So you're admitting to driving spiritedly on public roads with your Boxster? Sure sounds like it to me. Pot calling the kettle black.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:22 PM   #83

Quote:
Sure it is when done in the right circumstances. So you're admitting to driving spiritedly on public roads with your Boxster? Sure sounds like it to me. Pot calling the kettle black.
Got me on that one Kram, guilty on all counts.....................Wow.

Kind of reminds me of a favorite Groucho Marx quote:

"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
Old 04-02-2015, 08:36 PM   #84
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:

"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
It's ok man. Porsche didn't build this car as a track ready car like a Camaro Z/28 is.

Probably everyone in this thread has put the pedal to the metal in their Boxster on public roads.

Also trying to belittle me with your ending comment only shows you're not mature.

again "okay and don't forget your soap box on the way out"

Last edited by KRAM36; 04-02-2015 at 11:06 PM.
KRAM36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:09 AM   #85

Quote:

Great quote.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:14 AM   #86
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giller View Post
Great quote.
Yes it is, but used as a rebuttal in a discussion you're not winning is just flaming. If I can't win I'll just insult the person. Many people use that tactic, but I expected more out of coreseller then to resort to that. I actually like reading his post on here.

You're guilty of it too, calling me a jerk and insinuating I'm a liar. I don't think as much of you as I do coreseller and actually expect it from you.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:18 AM   #87

Quote:
Yes it is, but used as a rebuttal in a discussion you're not winning is just flaming. If I can't win I'll just insult the person. Many people use that tactic, but I expected more out of coreseller then to resort to that. I actually like reading his post on here.

You're guilty of it too, calling me a jerk and insinuating I'm a liar. I don't think as much of you as I do coreseller and actually expect it from you.
lol.....oh no! I've upset your feelings! Although I don't think I've ever insinuated you are a liar. A jerk, yeah, you might be. Don't know you well enough to say for sure. You might be a good guy who does dumb things from time to time. We all do.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:35 AM   #88
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
lol.....oh no! I've upset your feelings! Although I don't think I've ever insinuated you are a liar. A jerk, yeah, you might be. Don't know you well enough to say for sure. You might be a good guy who does dumb things from time to time. We all do.
This is insinuating I'm a liar.

Quote:
I've avoided this thread as I know reading too much would just annoy the heck out of me. I'm a big believer of staying within a reasonable amount of the speed limit and just generally not driving like a jerk.

Many have said - I anticipate, or, I only do it when no one is around, or some other such nonsense.

Seriously - if you want to drive like a jerk and put everyone's safety in jeopardy - go to the track. That's why we have tracks. And to talk about anticipating things - mechanical failures happen. Tires do blowout. I would bet that most people who get in an accident 'didn't mean to'.

Oh well, I guess this thread does help separate the selfish from those who actually think of others.
"You might be a good guy who does dumb things from time to time. We all do."

So are you being a hypocrite? Have you never put the throttle down on a public road? Never had a little fun through some twisty public roads?
Old 04-03-2015, 04:45 AM   #89

Quote:
This is insinuating I'm a liar.

"You might be a good guy who does dumb things from time to time. We all do."

So are you being a hypocrite? Have you never put the throttle down on a public road? Never had a little fun through some twisty public roads?
Honestly, I stay within a reasonable amount of the speed limit. Most of the twisty roads I've been on, you have to slow down, they're just that twisty. Speed doesn't do anything for me and I'd rather not take the chance of a) wreaking my car b) hurting someone c)hurting myself.

I derive more pleasure from getting up to speed quickly - but once I get to that speed limit, on goes the cruise.

And I still don't see where I called you a liar. Maybe it's too early in the morning and I'm reading something wrong.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:07 AM   #90
Need For Speed

Garage
Maybe I'm reading more into it, since you posted that in this thread and I said there were no cars for miles.

I stay within 4 mph over the speed limit most of the time myself and I get passed a lot. I even set the "gong" on my 4 stalk mod to alert me of my speed just in case I'm not paying attention.

FYI: You can get a ticket for exhibition of speed without going over the speed limit.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:24 AM   #91
Need For Speed

Garage
As far as race tracks near me. Nothing for what this car is meant to do.

Missouri Race Track Directory of Asphalt & Dirt Tracks & Drag Strips - RacingIn.com

Although, once I get the rest of my upgrade done I plan on running it through the 1/4 mile. I got a guy on another forum that insist unless you have a time slip of your run, you're just a keyboard racer. The guy has a Subaru WXti or what ever they are called and thinks he is a great driver. It's his all wheel drive that gets his good times. He posted a video of him running the 1/4 mile, all he did was mash the throttle and slam gears, no finesses at all. He was racing a hopped up S-10 truck and that truck would have never been in the video if he didn't have all wheel drive. It ate him for lunch. I'll have to find that video, so funny as his wife is with him and to watch her eyes follow the truck as it passed him is sooooo funny.

Ugly ass car IMO.

Found the video.

Last edited by KRAM36; 04-03-2015 at 06:34 AM.
KRAM36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:13 AM   #92

Hard to condone blatantly illegal activity, even if we all do it sometimes. But the fact is there are limited circumstances in which the only significant risk is to the driver making the decision, and KRAM describes such a circumstance. This is America, and I still believe people should be free from having their individual choices curtailed by law o r public censure unless some greater good is served. Aside from the nebulous potential cost of pooled insurance risk, wreck debris removal, uncompensated health care, etc, I am not harmed in the least by what another person does on an empty road!
Our personal freedoms seem to diminish daily in the face of theoretical or possible good, or the postulated effects of categorically applying a singular situational decision across an entire populace in all situations. I guess the idea is to remove all thinking and all personal responsibility by never doing something that the whole collective group hasn't endorsed for all situations.

I say choose your moments Very Carefully, and if so inclined, let 'er rip.

The condescending holier-than-thou diatribe was to be expected, but is still disappointing, particularly given the sources as coming from valued forum contributors. I think the attidude is more bothersome than the viewpoint, which I agree with except for very limited circumstances.
BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:04 AM   #93

Garage
125 mph Mid-Ohio last fall DE.
Van914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:19 AM   #94
WALDMEISTER

Garage
wow...you guys do know, that there is a full moon coming...

"The own freedom ends, where it violates the freedom of another"
Old 04-03-2015, 11:53 AM   #95

All right, I was lying when I said I drove my lowered, flywheel-lightened Boxster 'S' to an indicated 265 WITH a passenger....

Safety and risk is a matter of degrees once you know what you're doing. For example; A tire blow-out at a legal 75 would result in a veer, road edge struggle and a ricochet and roll-over with some drivers.
I assume that rolling a convertible at 80 mph or greater will result in death so I don't do it--EVER! Wait a minute-- should they be building convertibles? And damn I feel unsafe when I see a 1-ton pick up coming my way and the bumper height is the same as my head when in a 'sports car'. And then there's the inertia of a 1 ton and what it does to my compact...
Old 04-03-2015, 12:46 PM   #96

Unsafe at any speed - Ralph Nader
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:18 PM   #97
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
All right, I was lying when I said I drove my lowered, flywheel-lightened Boxster 'S' to an indicated 265 WITH a passenger....
Your previous post never mentioned a passenger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
265 km and still climbing:chicken:
Old 04-04-2015, 11:45 AM   #98

Quote:

Just got back into town and caught up on this thread. KRAM, to be clear, I wasn't flaming. Due to your attitude on how to drive on public roads (running 150 mph plus for recreation), I honestly believe you are a selfish fool as I alluded to above, not an insult or tactic just pointing out the obvious.

Secondly, I have no interest in your respect or approval. I avoid people with myopic vision such as yours. As I stated before, maybe it's time to grow up and think about the possible consequences of your reckless actions.

Thirdly, I have received a few messages from other forum members agreeing with me but didn't want to participate in posting as such. Whether you buy that or not doesn't matter to me, it was just reassuring to see others know where to take their cars when they want to stretch their legs.

Lastly, as I stated to some who sent me messages regarding this, I have somewhat of a personal tie-in with this topic. I was training a new sales rep over 20 years back, helluva great kid. He was 26 years old, smarter than a whip and ready to break into a great career, also was recently engaged to what I refer to as a "First Round Pick", you get the idea. He was heading north on 31 in Northern Indiana to see his girl, you guessed it, he got clipped by some idiot running triple digits and somersaulted over a culvert into a tree. It was 1 AM and the roads were empty, almost.

He's still alive, never got married, lives in convalescent care and when coherent enough to communicate thinks he's AWOL from his squad in Vietnam......I doubt he was out of diapers during the Fall of Saigon. A wonderful future permanently extinguished due to another's selfish recklessness.

P.S. BrokenLinkage, if you think my having a problem with people running 150 plus mph on public roads is a "condescending holier-than-thou diatribe", wow.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:02 PM   #99
Need For Speed

Garage
coreseller I don't care what you think of me or what I did. I received pm's telling me that people like your holier-than-thou diatribe, name calling and flaming always hit these threads.

BrokenLinkage nailed it and I could care less what your hypocritical self says what I can do in my car as long as I'm not putting anyone, but myself in harms way. You seem to lack the understanding of that part.

Cool story, I've actually heard worse. I have one too, though the ending isn't sad. I know this guy that drove a Porsche Boxster S 151 MPH on a 3 lane, one direction, perfectly surface highway with no cars on it or on the highway parallel to it.

The ending, he's living a perfectly normal life, happy as can be with the performance of his car holding steady as can be to the road.

Even though you don't care what I think of you, I'm going to tell you anyways, since you came back into this thread throwing shots at me and telling stories. You are a hypocritical, name calling, flaming and holier-than-thou jerk. Damn I sunk to your level with the jerk part.

With all due respect, which is none for you now since you can not comprehend what I have posted in this thread, don't forget your soap box on the way out hypocrite.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:39 PM   #100

I don't think there is much more to say. We could go back and forth until the cows come home, I won't change your mind and you certainly won't change mine.

If you or yours end up in an ugly accident (I honestly hope that never happens), maybe then you will grow up and realize excessive speed often carries consequences, often to the innocent.

Last edited by coreseller; 04-04-2015 at 02:41 PM.