Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2015, 09:44 AM   #1

Seat/steering wheel adjustments?

Ok I'll be the first to admit I'm a big guy. I'm 6' and a little heavier then I should be. In my 914's, 944, and 951 I never had a problem with fitting in the car comfortably. In the Boxster I feel like I cant get the seat back far enough or low enough. In fact it feels like the steering wheel is sitting on top of my thighs. With the seat slid all the way back there are still about 3-4" of space between the seat and the firewall. Does that sound right? How does one raise the steering wheel or doesn't it? I can see what appears to be an adjuster lock but my wheel doesn't budge.

A little help please... (don't say diet and exercise I'm working on it)

Thanks!
Mike

Duquette5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:42 AM   #2

The steering wheel telescopes in and out but does not have an up down adjustment. I have mine fully extended which does give a little extra height because the column I at an angle.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:09 AM   #3

I've got the drivers seat dropped all the way and tried to telescope the wheel out a little. Its not budging at this point. I'll get up under there tomorrow and see what the deal is. Is there a smaller factory steering wheel?

Thanks!
Mikw
Old 03-15-2015, 11:34 AM   #4

Garage
Mike; I have a 98, am also 6', and my seat back is up against the firewall, so you should have a little adjustment left.
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 04:13 PM   #5
Track rat

Garage
I am only 5'10" but wanted to sit lower in the car. I pulled the stock seat and bolted a Cobra seat to the floor. Plenty of room now and the seat is always exactly where I want it (no slider). Having the stock seat modified at an upholstery shop is probably also an option.