Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2015, 04:40 PM   #1

Garage
Double Din Install

Finally received my double din stereo today from Crutchfield and got it installed. Reading through one of the previous posts, I seen you could use a Pioneer install kit ADT 133 and it fits perfectly, boy was that guy wrong. With a little fabrication it isn't too bad but still tempted to buy the Eurospeed kit. What do you guys think?

DavidsBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:48 PM   #2

I think the Eurospeed kit fits slightly better:

Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:20 AM   #3

Garage
That looks so much better. Guess i need to order it. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:05 AM   #4

Garage
I think it looks fine. What amp are you backing that head unit up with?
Old 03-10-2015, 10:16 AM   #5

Garage
I didn't want to spend a bunch of money so i went with a Pioneer GM-A4604 480-Watt 4-Channel Amp. I just wanted something that will replace the factory amp and give the door speakers some use. I also changed out the dash and door speakers with Infinity. The dash ones were hard to get back in because the size of the magnet but after a few minutes of manipulating them they slid right in.

Last edited by DavidsBoxster; 03-10-2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidsBoxster View Post
I didn't want to spend a bunch of money so i went with a Pioneer GM-A4604 480-Watt 4-Channel Amp. I just wanted something that will replace the factory amp and give the door speakers some use. I also changed out the dash and door speakers with Infinity. The dash ones were hard to get back in because the size of the magnet but after a few minutes of manipulating them they slid right in.
I would go with the Eurospeed kit. I have it and it fits really well. It's a bit pricey for a mounting kit, but it's well put together. You could probably just get the trim piece from them, since you don't need the bracket or wiring harness.

The amp is the last thing I have left to replace in my Boxster. How did that Pioneer work for you? Does it fit is the factory spot or did you mount it elsewhere? Speaker cables worked as is or did you have to modify them? I'm assuming it gives the door speakers full range rather than just subs? I'm still in the research phase of amps and given the near $1k it took to replace the head unit in my Cayenne, courtesy of the MOST system in that thing, I'm looking to not spend a ton on an amp for the Boxster.
pussywillow1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:54 PM   #7

Garage
I will have it in this weekend and will let you know. Good idea about the faceplate. Hope they will sell just the one piece.