View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 04:45 PM   #6
pussywillow1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidsBoxster View Post
I didn't want to spend a bunch of money so i went with a Pioneer GM-A4604 480-Watt 4-Channel Amp. I just wanted something that will replace the factory amp and give the door speakers some use. I also changed out the dash and door speakers with Infinity. The dash ones were hard to get back in because the size of the magnet but after a few minutes of manipulating them they slid right in.
I would go with the Eurospeed kit. I have it and it fits really well. It's a bit pricey for a mounting kit, but it's well put together. You could probably just get the trim piece from them, since you don't need the bracket or wiring harness.

The amp is the last thing I have left to replace in my Boxster. How did that Pioneer work for you? Does it fit is the factory spot or did you mount it elsewhere? Speaker cables worked as is or did you have to modify them? I'm assuming it gives the door speakers full range rather than just subs? I'm still in the research phase of amps and given the near $1k it took to replace the head unit in my Cayenne, courtesy of the MOST system in that thing, I'm looking to not spend a ton on an amp for the Boxster.
pussywillow1972 is offline   Reply With Quote