Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2015, 06:50 AM   #1

Frunk access "99 Boxster

Hey Guys - help me out...

I'm down at my shop this morning and my "99 is totally dead. In the past it's been simply popping the manual release to get to the battery. Now both front and rear releases will not budge. I didn't think that was supposed to happen with manual release. Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to do the old cable release trick or jump through the fuse box?

Help a brother out!

Rick

edit: Is this due to having the car locked and the alarm set prior to the battery going dead? Maybe there is something tied in to the alarm system that manually locks the front and rear trunks?

Last edited by RedTele58; 02-14-2015 at 07:36 AM.
RedTele58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:18 AM   #2
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
The old cable release trick will work fine. You can also use a small screw driver to move the cog on the release levers. It is in between where the levers meet. Kinda in the H part. Its hard to explain without pics. I know that works on the rear trunk, not sure about the front trunk. The release cable is probably the easiest and quickest way to go.

tommy583 is offline   Reply With Quote