Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2006, 11:11 PM   #1

New guy!

Hello new guy here. Always on the 6speedonline forum but figure that i will start surfing 986 as well because as of today we have a brand new 03 speed yellow boxster S in our garage. Yes it is brand new being last in the inventory and we got a good discount on it so my dad figured he will pick it up for my mom (not for me.)

Car have the following options

Color wheel center crest
sport seats
psm
trip computer
18" narrow spoke carerra rims
hid
clear front coner lense
painted bumperettes
Bose sound system

Pics soon to follow. Just a few question for you guys though i already looked at some of the other threads b4 i ask this.

I know that some are saying that GHL exhaust sounds better than the Fab Speed, but what do you guys think of the Super Sprint exhaust? I saw their web site and they have hp rating proving that their system actually works. Well just seeing for more opinions.

Will changing the by pass only make the boxster sound louder? It is just way too quiet right now.

I also heard that changing the intake to the Fabspeed one or Evo will cause the map sensor to go bad is that true?

Lastly can any of you post some pics of painted rear roll bar body color? I m thinking of getting those painted. Is it very hard to take them out? My mother don't want to leave the car inside the body shop because she wants to enjoy driving it. That being said, is there a way i can do it myself so i can throw it to the body shop without the car staying in there? Please give some advice thanks.

Last edited by Kinesis 996; 03-30-2006 at 11:21 PM.
Kinesis 996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:20 AM   #2

being in the market for a new box, what was the discount/msrp if you don't mind me asking?
boxsterdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxsterdreamin
being in the market for a new box, what was the discount/msrp if you don't mind me asking?
Car originally was $83,000 Canadian MSRP. Now they are selling it for $67,000 or so i believe which is an incredible value plus we have the warrenty till 2010. We looked at cars like the new Z4 M Roadster and SLK 350 which is about the same in the price range. However, the final decision went to the Boxster S because:

1) she was driving a M already as a previous car and she don't want to go back to a BMW again though it offers 70hp advantage

2) she feels that the SLK 350 isn't nimble enough around the coner

3) because my dad owns a 996 Turbo so it would make them a pair

Seems like nobody here is willing to answer my question below?
Kinesis 996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinesis 996

Seems like nobody here is willing to answer my question below?
Patience, Kinesis. I can only goof off at work for so long each day .

I know that a guy Todd with the screenname 'Tholyoak' over at www.renntech.org has a Boxster with a Supersprint muffler and headers. Maybe he can supply an opinion on its sound. He also put in 3.4L engine so I would think it would be comparable in sound to the Boxster S,

Painting the rollbar - see this thread:

Removing Rollbar

Gundo posts alot at www.ppbb.com(as well as renntech) so you can probably direct more detail question at him.

98Boxster98 is offline   Reply With Quote