Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2015, 02:29 PM   #1

Detailing Question W/O Water

Hey Guys,

We will be having the new car Auto Expo here in about a month or so. Our local SCCA sets up a booth and loops a video showing AutoCross and SCCA racing while some of us volunteers talk up joining the SCCA to those wondering by.

They asked if I could bring my 911 down along with several other member's cars for display purposes, I said fine. My question: I will be driving it about 12 to 15 miles there in who knows what type of weather / street conditions, Any advice on how to spiff her up after it gets parked inside the convention center? Quick Detail Spray? Any opinions appreciated........Mark.

coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:44 PM   #2

Location: Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
Hey Guys,

We will be having the new car Auto Expo here in about a month or so. Our local SCCA sets up a booth and loops a video showing AutoCross and SCCA racing while some of us volunteers talk up joining the SCCA to those wondering by.

They asked if I could bring my 911 down along with several other member's cars for display purposes, I said fine. My question: I will be driving it about 12 to 15 miles there in who knows what type of weather / street conditions, Any advice on how to spiff her up after it gets parked inside the convention center? Quick Detail Spray? Any opinions appreciated........Mark.
find a self wash near by ?
Fintro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:58 PM   #3
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
If it just had a little dirt near the wheel wells and you have a good finish already on it, a minimal approach would be some bottled water and a few microfiber towels.
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:19 PM   #4

Waterless wash from Adams polishes is what I use in those instances. Or mixing optimum no rinse and water in an empty spray bottle and some waffle weave towels. Both work great and should do the trick.
MarkeeeVR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:38 PM   #5

This stuff has worked very well for me in the past on my old motorcycle when I used to go to shows. Left a really good shine and didn't streak on any dark colored trim.

Top_Ramen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_mota View Post
This stuff has worked very well for me in the past on my old motorcycle when I used to go to shows. Left a really good shine and didn't streak on any dark colored trim.
LOL, I actually have a can of that that's been floating around the garage for a year or two, it was a freebie at a prior Auto Expo. Thanks all mota, I'll give it a try...........

coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 05:51 PM   #7

Griots speed shine is pretty good stuff and available at Advance Auto (at a discount) if you have those store local to you.

dghii is offline   Reply With Quote