Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2015, 02:40 PM   #1

New Boxster owner in Japan

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I thought I was new to the forum but when I tried to register, it seems that I already had back in the day when I was looking for a boxster a few years ago.

I'm a Canadian ex-pat who has been living in Japan for the last 12 years. First time Porsche owner. I just purchased an '03 Boxster S in arctic silver. It should be arriving next week sometime. 6 speed, 53k KMs, Sports Package, Magic Onishi (Japanese brand) exhaust. I had them swap out the alcantra seats for a set of full leather sports seats from another Porsche they had on the lot as well.

I have been creeping this forum for quite a while trying to get as much information as I could about what to look for and everything has been very helpful.

I have been a Porsche fan as a child but haven't been able to purchase one until now. In the past I have had a 240sx, MR2 NA, BMW Z3, MR2 turbo, and a handful of not so sporty cars. Currently my daily driver is an '08 Lexus RX (in Japan it's called a Harrier). I also have a van that is not available in NA called an Alphard, which my wife drives. After a long hiatus from sports cars, and crashing my ducati, I decided it was time to get back into it!

Looking forward to learning some more about the boxster and also the perma-grin that I keep hearing so much about.

boxsterinjapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:03 PM   #2
Beginner

Garage
Welcome to the forum. I have an 03 S and it is the most fun driving I've ever had.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:50 PM   #3

Boxster in China here!

Hello, Canadian from MTL here

Boxstering the streets of Shanghai. Congrats on your new acquisition!
Old 01-09-2015, 04:36 PM   #4

Welcome and enjoy your toy! This is such a fun car...you'll have a blast!

I bought my 00S in August of 2008 after looking off and on for a few years. I've bought and sold about 10 cars since but the Box, apparently, is a keeper. It now has 123K miles but has no squeaks, rattles or leaks of any kind.

Again, enjoy!
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:56 PM   #5

Congrats, share some pics!!
amitmishra4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:00 AM   #6

Thanks for the welcomes! I don't have any updated pics since I've received her (which was less than 2 weeks ago). Here are some from the dealer.

Since then I have put in depo half clear LED tails, and de-badged (will put PORSCHE lettering in). Plan on doing a full detail this weekend with clay, polish, sealant and wax. Also my back window has now got a crack in it since I put the top down while it was very cold outside. To my surprise I found it only has a tape deck. It is a Japanese market only cd200 Becker. Plan on swapping that out soon as well. I was thinking of looking for some 18" Carreras on there but I'm beginning to really like the look of the 17" sport classics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boxsterinjapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:06 AM   #7

Garage
Great looking car, keep the Sport Classics

iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote