Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2014, 07:54 AM   #1

Cars of the Year

Always a subjective topic - everyone has their own personal take. Here are two '2014 Top 5" lists from a couple automotive journalists. Interesting how a Porsche made it onto both of the lists...yet not the same Porsche.

Jim’s Top Five Best Cars Of 2014 - Wheels.ca

Rob’s Top Five Best Cars Of 2014 - Wheels.ca

Old 12-31-2014, 09:09 AM   #2
Certified Boxster Addict

Here is my personal Top 5 list of cars that I have personally driven this year;

#5. 1970 Porsche 912 (4-cyl)
Classic long hood looks. decent power around town, but the 90hp 4-cyl limits the fun. Very hipster.

#4. 2008 Porsche 997 GT-3
Too fast. There, I said it. Sorry, but its true. There is no where to drive this car within reason except the track. Not being able to push it on the street (because of its huge capability) ends up limiting the fun.

#3. 1978 Porsche 911 SC
Classic air cooled 911 looks and feel plus good power. Liked it so much, I bought it.

#2. 1990 Honda NSX
Felt like a super car - great mid-engine design, reasonably fast, perfect seating position, Honda reliability.

#1. 1959 Corvette (C1)
What an icon! This car was fast but otherwise drove like a POS - steering was vague, drum brakes sucked, cornered like a Lincoln Continental. But that V-8 engine was incredible and that car looked like $1M. People would stop and point and gawk and take pic's while just driving by.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 09:48 AM   #3

Garage
I've always taken an interest in the nsx, I think their styling has held up well also.

Personally, I really stand by the Macan, and honestly see it as a great value, the 981 GTS cars are the best sports cars in the world so I guess you have to throw those in.

5. Mercedes Benz S class coupe- luxury as luxury can be in all new styling, styling that I don't agree with but most do.

4.Ford mustang- a beautiful car, with great performance with a price tag for the masses.

3. Ford F-150- the new trucks seem very promising, ford has strong engines for performance and fuel economy, goodluck catching me in a different truck.

2. Porsche 981 GTS- this pair of cars are some of the greatest sports cars in the world, still offered with manual, and sold for a fair price with many options standard. They make it difficult to spend over double on a ferrari.

1. Porsche macan- versatility, value, luxury, and performance, works for me!

Honorable mentions: F-Type coupe, Alfa 4C, Corvette zo6, Bmw in general- the 4 series, 2 series, i8, new SUVs, all promising just not particularly impressive.

BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote