Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2014, 06:03 PM   #1

Garage
Weekend of Projects

Spent all day yesterday pulling out my interior pieces, krazy gluing the clips i broke back onto the panels and wrapping the panels in black 3M Carbon Fiber Vinyl. Im not a professional but it came out ok but I ended up with a few wrinkles that I couldn't get out. Went out today to sew on my steering wheel cover to find out that It wasnt cut wide enough. Then decided to do my brakes and rotors. Got the wheel off, brakes out and then busted the little retaining pin. To add insult to injury I found that i needed a 10mm Hex socket to remove the calipers which i did not have. So I had amazon overnight a new craftsman hex and torx socket set to me.

jhiggi83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:24 AM   #2
Certified Boxster Addict

Yes, such is the life of the DIY weekend mechanic! Did you bust up any fingers or knuckles? I have two band-aids on this morning from yesterday's wrestling match with re-installing my transmission.

Can we get some closeup's of the CF covered interior pieces? I have a panel that I'd like to cover in CF.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 12-27-2014 at 08:26 AM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:51 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
Yes, such is the life of the DIY weekend mechanic! Did you bust up any fingers or knuckles? I have two band-aids on this morning from yesterday's wrestling match with re-installing my transmission.

Can we get some closeup's of the CF covered interior pieces? I have a panel that I'd like to cover in CF.
I burnt my thumbs on the heat gun because i found my thumbs made a better squeegee than the felt squeegee i bought. The center console was the hardest and there are a few wrinkle to prove it but not bad for my first time.

jhiggi83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:35 PM   #4
Certified Boxster Addict

Thanks! Looks pretty good and it should be easier to install on a flat panel than the compound curves of the interior components. I think I'll order some material and give it a try.

1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote