Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2014, 10:19 AM   #1

Garage
IMSB and DOF accomplished

Had to be in Orlando this past week, so made an appointment with Pedro Bonilla and TuneRS to have the direct oil feed installed in coral springs. I cannot say enough good things about these guys. Pedro said drop it off one day and pick it up the next and that is exactly how it worked. Dropped it off at 4pm on Monday and it was ready for pickup at 2;30 Tuesday. They arranged for a rental car to pick me up at their shop.
When I picked it up they showed me the old parts and before and after pics of the back of the engine with the trans removed. The IMS bearing did not show a lot of deterioration, but the seal was leaking, as was the RMS. All that was replaced as well as the AOS, which was leaking ( I had noticed a bit of smoke on startup lately) and they cleaned up the intake as well
The price was exactly what I was quoted and they actually did more than planned. I also picked up one of Pedro"s technobraces for the 04 boxster S and one for the 08 boxster S. It is very pleasing to deal with people who do good work for a fair price and do exactly what they promise. If we need to go back to florida again, I will definitely take one of our other cars to have it done.

mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:27 PM   #2
Hawaiian Driver

That's great to get competent, professional service on your car. The peace of mind that comes with it is priceless. Love the fact you got pictures, before and after, parts, etc.....
Old 11-15-2014, 08:14 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to ultimate1 Send a message via Yahoo to ultimate1
Thumbs up

Yes Pedro, Taylor and Miguel at Tuners are honest and provide excellent service. They did a lot of work on my car when I lived in South Florida. They also saved my engine and Boxster with an engine rebuild about 4 years ago. The Direct Oil Feed was added about 6 months ago and a recent midstream oil test came back with awesome results.

You made an excellent choice with them and the Direct Oil Feed is an excellent and cost effective solution that addresses the IMS bearing issue.

ultimate1 is offline   Reply With Quote