Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2014, 06:28 AM   #1

Garage
Smile F1 cota

Anyone else besides me going to be in Austin for F1 this weekend?

OklahomaBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:22 AM   #2

Garage
Lucky Dog!!
Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:30 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklahomaBoxster View Post
I am hoping to go. I don't have to commit though. I have some friends that work F1 and can get me passes.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:37 PM   #4

How much are those tickets? Can you park your camper in the infield like a NASCAR race?
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:24 PM   #5

I went to the Montreal F1 in the spring. As much as I'd like to go to Austin, two in one year would be pushing it.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Did you end up going to the race?
I attended Sunday; turn 19 trackside location was great. Same section as my 2012 year passes. I was sick last year and did not attend. Saw the Porsche Challenge race first and that was really fun to watch. It was more competitive then the F1 race.
The F1 cars sure sounded neutered though. Fast, but neutered. I did even need my ear plugs this year. With the NA V8’s ear plugs were required attire.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:41 AM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzle of Bees View Post
Did you end up going to the race?
I attended Sunday; turn 19 trackside location was great. Same section as my 2012 year passes. I was sick last year and did not attend. Saw the Porsche Challenge race first and that was really fun to watch. It was more competitive then the F1 race.
The F1 cars sure sounded neutered though. Fast, but neutered. I did even need my ear plugs this year. With the NA V8’s ear plugs were required attire.
Yes I went! watched the race Sunday from turn 1 hill. Could see about 3/4 of the track from there. Watched FP1 and FP2 and qualifying from 19. Totally agree on the sound.
OklahomaBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Yes I went! watched the race Sunday from turn 1 hill. Could see about 3/4 of the track from there. Watched FP1 and FP2 and qualifying from 19. Totally agree on the sound.
Turn 1 looks like a fun place to watch the race from. Rush up that hill and slow quickly into the turn.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:17 AM   #9

Did anyone go this year? I was given a ticket for Sunday and went. It was a great race this year.
It was easy to get around this year. I think the attendance was a little lower. I had a GA ticket, but was able to get into the grand stand area on turn twelve easily. It was a great place to see the race from.
It was really muddy and windy.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:51 AM   #10

I went Sunday & the race was awesome. Sure did get cold, wet & muddy, but the experience was worth it. There were at least 5 passes for the lead on track which is almost unheard of for F1.

We arrived Sunday via uber which dropped us off right by turn 1 just in time for the cars to leave the pit lane for Q1. Walked down to T11 for Q2, then Q3 was cancelled. We huddled in a BierGarten until the rain stopped & the PorscheCup guys were dicing it up on track. I stood back behind the mudhole at T1 for the start, then we slowly made our way to the bridge on turn 3 which we made our own spot & could see turn 2, and the apex of T12 & most of the carousell leading to Turn 19. At the end of the race we found that Turn 19 is a really nice place because the cars are going very fast at the exit of the rh sweepers, & you can see turn 1 & 2 from there.

I hope to come back again for a sunny race! Hope those who went enjoyed it as much as this guy.