Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2014, 11:29 AM   #1

Dealer Recommendations for European Delivery?

I'm ready to place an order, or reserve an order slot, for a 2016 Boxster S--for European Delivery in September 2015. I'd love to have it in August, but I understand that the factories are closed for most, or all, of August every year.

I realize it's very early, and it's not possible to order a car that hasn't been announced yet, but I would like to see if I can "get in line" as soon as that's possible.

As a first step, I'd like to find a dealer to help me. Since I'm taking European Delivery, I don't think it makes any difference where my dealer is located. My local dealers lose interest as soon as I tell them I'm talking about a 2016 instead of a 2015 model.

If anyone here has any suggestions for me, please contact me. Or if there are any dealers here who can help, I'd love to hear from them, too.

Thanks.

Mike

mkaiserco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:07 PM   #2

Garage
When I lived in Germany a freind had some dealings with Kremer Porsche. A couple of us went with him to the dealer one time. The seond friend was working as the semi translator. So you might need to know some German.
BFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaiserco View Post
I'm ready to place an order, or reserve an order slot, for a 2016 Boxster S--for European Delivery in September 2015. I'd love to have it in August, but I understand that the factories are closed for most, or all, of August every year.

I realize it's very early, and it's not possible to order a car that hasn't been announced yet, but I would like to see if I can "get in line" as soon as that's possible.

As a first step, I'd like to find a dealer to help me. Since I'm taking European Delivery, I don't think it makes any difference where my dealer is located. My local dealers lose interest as soon as I tell them I'm talking about a 2016 instead of a 2015 model.

If anyone here has any suggestions for me, please contact me. Or if there are any dealers here who can help, I'd love to hear from them, too.

Thanks.

Mike
Are you in California?

300K Mile Club

Last edited by Jager; 10-17-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:35 PM   #4
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
What part of the US (or Canada) are you in?
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:35 AM   #5

Do you have plans for where you want to go in Germany? It's best to avoid August any way. The autobahn can become a parking lot, especially in the south. And, since you'll be picking the car up at the factory in Baden-Wurttemberg, September is a better time to get a chance to let the Boxster run flat out. And, don't forget Oktoberfest is in September, and Munich is a beautiful drive from Stuttgart
schnellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:30 AM   #6
edc
550 Anniversary

Garage
If you want to make it easier for yourself then you should research the local prices and typical discounts people are getting. Also "Europe" has many countries so at least figure out which country you want to go to and whether you want left or right hand drive ...

Also there is next to no chance of having a 2016 model year car in August 2015 when typically build for these starts in September ...
Sold: 986S - Zenith Blue - 18" Sport Classics - Black Zunsport grilles - Stainless silencer and manifolds - K&N panel - shortshift - M030 suspension - 75mm throttle body - custom 83mm intake - SmartTop - custom remap - MDS underdrive pulley
edc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnellman View Post
Do you have plans for where you want to go in Germany? It's best to avoid August any way. The autobahn can become a parking lot, especially in the south. And, since you'll be picking the car up at the factory in Baden-Wurttemberg, September is a better time to get a chance to let the Boxster run flat out. And, don't forget Oktoberfest is in September, and Munich is a beautiful drive from Stuttgart
From experience I would concur. Oktoberfest is a big plus and once you been any Oktoberfest in the states just won't do.
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager View Post
Are you in California?
Yes, northern California.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnellman View Post
We'll probably spend most of our two months there in Italy. Also Spain and France--Germany will probably be mostly to pick up the car and delivery it for shipment home.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by edc View Post
If you want to make it easier for yourself then you should research the local prices and typical discounts people are getting. Also "Europe" has many countries so at least figure out which country you want to go to and whether you want left or right hand drive ...

Also there is next to no chance of having a 2016 model year car in August 2015 when typically build for these starts in September ...
Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm presuming I'll be buying from a US dealer, using the European Delivery option.

Thanks for the build information. Does anyone here know how early in September I might be able to get one? And how early I'll be able to order?
Old 10-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #11

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaiserco View Post
Yes, northern California.
Sent you a PM.

300K Mile Club
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote