Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2014, 03:20 AM   #1

I was driving on the motorway thinking....

how funny it is the amount of posts from people who are surprised when they arrive at their destination after a long drive, and have no problems.
Like you're all expecting to break down!

within a few minutes of thinking this I past a 986 broken down on the hard shoulder

(actually not far from where my AOS failed)

Old 09-13-2014, 04:16 AM   #2

Garage
I can honestly say I have never seen a Porsche broken down on the berm of the road. Around this area it's Toyota's and Chevy compacts
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:53 AM   #3

Heck, around here your lucky to even see another 986, let alone one broken down!
Old 09-13-2014, 05:45 AM   #4

In six seasons of driving, I have been left on the side of the road once, and that was a ruptured clutch line.

(I suppose that, given current 986 wisdom, along with all the dire predictions of doom and catastophe that we hear, I should now be pre-emptively changing all my clutch lines every five years. )