Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2014, 03:09 PM   #21

FACT! Boxster owners are cool. All of them. While many BMWs are driven by old ladies.

Old 09-05-2014, 03:17 PM   #22

Garage

My car in the reflection of a close buddies. He likes his car, but if you were to compare how much each of has spent on maintenance, his list is much longer. Still low miles for its age too.

Bmws, particularly ones made before the mid 2000s are pretty good cars, a modern one would be the last car is want to own along with a Hyundai or a Kia. You won't die if you buy the z4, nor feel that you made the wrong choice (unless a Porsche passes by.)
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #23

Arrow You need the Porsche

My friend owns a BMW Z-3 and loves it. It is a great car, and did you know you can get a 3.2 liter engine in that little thing!?! crazy.

I looked long and hard between BMW and Porsche. I love both.

In the end, it was the fact that Porsche in my opinion has more passion, more class. when I pull up to a red light, in my Guards red 2000 Porsche Boxster S with its red brake calipers and its black and red race seats I am the king of attention. Every day I drive my car I get loads of compliments. it stands out. I have had 2 different people mistake my car for a Ferrari (don't ask me how...)

But that whole class thing is only one side of it. then you get in, ignore the people and start driving. the first time I drove it, I was giddy. I was in absolute love. There isn't a single time I get in the car with my wife that i do not verbally say "Wow Shelley, I absolutely love this car." The sound of the engine at your back while you go from 1st through 4th and then into 5th and 6th is simply intoxicating.

In my opinion BMW is the classy lady that you know and enjoy hanging out with.

Porsche is the super model that men would die to even talk to. :dance:

I was very nervous especially about the dreaded "ims failures" but get it replaced and forget about it!

Buying a Porsche is kind of like dating your first girlfriend and thinking right before hand, "well, this could cost me a lot of money". but then 6 months down the road, you want to spend the money.

In the end, BMW is fun, and you would enjoy it, but in my honest - trying not to be biased - opinion, you would enjoy the passion of Porsche much better.

simply listen to this sound track and see if it convinces you

Last edited by newob; 09-05-2014 at 05:12 PM.
newob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:26 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijc99 View Post
Personally, I feel the seating position is better in the Boxster than the Z3/Z4 series..
But the sport seats in the E46 M3 hold you in real tight.
I think its the best modern BMW you can buy (for the $$$).
After first driving it, it's the only car save for the 986S that made me say "this is perfect".
And those M3 colors were awesome.

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 09-05-2014 at 06:37 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote