Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2014, 03:27 PM   #1
Certified Boxster Addict

Patrick Dempsey to Produce TV Series on Phil Hill

Patrick Dempsey was the executive producer and star of Velocity's Racing Le Mans, a four-part docuseries chronicling his participation in France's legendary 24-hour race.

Next up, his production company, Shifting Gears, has optioned Michael Cannell's racing book The Limit as a potential drama series at Sundance TV. Published in 2011, the book tells the story of Phil Hill, a California mechanic who in 1960 became the first American-born driver to win the Grand Prix, racing in an era of glamor, valor and daring.

Oh, and he signed up for two more years of some tv show called Grey's Anatomy that I have never seen.

'Grey's Anatomy's' Patrick Dempsey Inks Development Deal With ABC Studios (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter

Phil Hill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:24 PM   #2
Damn Yankee

Garage
Phil Hill was also the first American F1 Champion du Monde, clinching the championship in his shark-nosed Ferrari at Monza in 1961. Tragically his teammate, Wolfgang von Trips, perished as a result of injuries sustained during the race.

Ironically, the next American F1 Champion was Mario Andretti, who also clinched the championship at Monza in 1978. And tragically his teammate, Ronnie Peterson, perished as a result of injuries sustained during the race.

TO
TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:49 AM   #3

Garage
I really enjoyed the Racing Le Mans series so I am looking forward to this one. I've never seen that other show you mention but it affords him the resources to make shows that interest us, so it's all good!

iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote