Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #1

Flat tire ??????

So Monday I had a rear tire go flat.Lucky me I was at home when it happened.I ordered new tires and had them installed today.My rear tires are 265/30/19.I put on the spare to drive to tire shop.My flat tire would fit nowhere on the car.I had to take it to the shop in my other car.My question is,what do you do when you have a flat on a trip and the flat tire will not fit in the trunk,frunk or passenger seat?Curious minds need to know.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #2

Any interest in a trade

My problem is I have diabetes and the bad feet to go along with it.I had to sell my motorcycle as I could no longer ride it.I have a 99 boxster artic silver with a hardtop.83,000 miles and a 5 speed.It is getting harder and harder to use the clutch with my bad feet.Anyone have an automatic in that range and would consider a trade.i love the car and do not want to get rid of it but the 5 speed is getting to the point where it my not be an option.I do need an automatic.Any interest?

Disregard this reply as it pertains to another thread.I do not know how it ended up here and I tried to delete it but I don't know how.

Last edited by 1rooster; 07-10-2014 at 12:55 PM.
1rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #3

Garage
Mine fit in the frunk, but I have the 255/40/17 rear wheels.
epapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #4

My 18" rear just fit in the frunk a couple weeks ago - barely. The hood would latch but not completely lock and seal the hood down. Not suppose to drive fast on a spare anyways. I put a bungee around the wheel and hood latch just in case and drove to the tire shop.

http://imgur.com/a/k0Wtl - My 914-6 Build/Project Story
patssle is offline   Reply With Quote