Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2014, 08:48 AM   #1

Calling North Carolina members

July 12th at 10 am PORSCHE owners have been invited to attend a tech session at Black Forest Racing in Denver NC. They will also serve lunch for a $10 donation.We was told to prepare to get dirty as we will be able to change our oil,get under the cars and do inspestions or whatever maintenance that needs to be done.
Black Forest Racing is owned by John Forbes.John is a certified master mechanic for 40 years specializing on Poesche vehicles.John is also an ex crew chief in the IROC series when Porsche was racing in that series.As a driver he finished 2nd at the Brickyard 500 and 2nd in the 24 hours of Daytona.At one period of time Mark Donohu was one of his drivers.John builds and sells Poesche racing engines or build one to your personal specs.If you want any more information to RSVP let me know and I can give you the contact info.I can hardly wait.Black Forest Racing has a nice web site with lots of good info.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:14 AM   #2

Garage
sounds great. I'd be there except we will be finishing up a cross country rally in Colorado on that day.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:51 PM   #3

Sounds like you are gonna have some fun.I was up your way today.We did my favorite ride.We rode up 80 then the Parkway to 226.Drove down 226 then back up 226A to the parkway on over to 221 and back down to Marion.Left Marion to Lake Lure and Chimney Rock and back to Marion.I love that ride.untill my feet got bad I used to ride that route every Saturday morning on my motorcycle.The early morning air sure is good for what ever ails you:chicken:.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:25 AM   #4

My wife and I were fortunate enough to see your neck of the woods for the first time during the Blue Ridge Boxster Summit recently. Amazing roads, scenery and people. Cannot wait to return next year!
'01 Boxster - Seal Grey / Black / Black, Litronics upgrade / de-ambered
crooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:52 AM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooster View Post
My wife and I were fortunate enough to see your neck of the woods for the first time during the Blue Ridge Boxster Summit recently. Amazing roads, scenery and people. Cannot wait to return next year!
I always lead a couple of drives the day or 2 before everyone gets to the brbs for those that like a little more adventurous drive than brbs does. If you are interested in joining next year keep in touch and come early.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:07 AM   #6

Sounds good - will keep that in mind.

'01 Boxster - Seal Grey / Black / Black, Litronics upgrade / de-ambered
crooster is offline   Reply With Quote