Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2014, 09:21 PM   #1

Tool Obsession

Hey guys,

I have never understood why my sisters would spend countless dollars on clothes, shoes, bags, etc. until recently, I have been doing the same thing with tools. I want to have everything in my tool box, all sizes and shapes of ratchets, all kinds of pliers, etc. I was a college student, so I was a frequent shopper at Harbor Freight. However, I notice that when the Craftsman tools at Sears are on sale, they come down to almost the same price as the Harbor Freight stuff, so I have been shopping back at Sears again. Just want to share this to see any of you guys are in the same boat or doing or feeling the same thing.

By the way, my tool collection has allowed me to perform many repairs on the Boxster since I got it. My next investment is a Motive Power Bleeder.

hancock1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:25 PM   #2

I'm the exact smae way. Matter of fact, I'm heading to Harbor Freight tomorrow morning to pick up new compressor and impact gun. I've got one relatively close to me so their warranty on tools always comes in handy.

My "toolbox". Almost a laugh considering what others guys have, but with this I've done a Ford 302 engine tear down, lt1 and ls1 engine tear downs, more Honda engine tear downs than I can count(both mine and other's cars) and soon enough a Porsche teardown.lol Best part is, come track days, I can just roll this into the trailer!

Last edited by Top_Ramen; 06-27-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Top_Ramen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:58 AM   #3

He who dies with the most tools wins.
3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:09 AM   #4
Beginner

Garage
Careful, this is an addiction. Harbor freight are gateway tools. In no time you'll be mainlining Snap On.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:32 AM   #5

Do I win something?

Old 06-28-2014, 05:13 AM   #6
Boxster 1999

Garage
Wow I wish Iwas your Snapon dealer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
Do I win something?

Old 06-28-2014, 06:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barteur View Post
Wow I wish Iwas your Snapon dealer
Yeah, he sends me Christmas cards every year.......................