Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2014, 08:54 AM   #1
M31

Garage
Carpet Catastrophe!

OK maybe not a catastrophe but it's bugging me anyway. My buddy had a hard time getting into my car after his recent hip replacement and wound up pulling the carpet out from under the weather seal on the passenger side (marked with masking tape). Thought it would be easy to pull back under the rubber seal but it keeps popping out again. This morning I tried to remove the Boxster S rocker plate by taking out the two T-20 torque screws and pulling up on the plastic plate but there is something still holding it down. I then ran my finger under the rubber seal and could feel two holes at opposite ends of the plate (penlight is lined up with the front hole). They look like drain holes to me and there is no screw in behind the hole that I could feel. The plate wiggles a little bit with screws removed but don't want to force it. Has anyone has success removing this plate on the passenger side? Sleepless in Stratford

M31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:42 AM   #2
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Odd...my passenger carpet looks exactly the same. Pulled out in the same way since I bought the car and I've never been able to get it to stay tucked in.

The scuff plate is held in by the 2 screws under the rubber mat and 2 snaps (one at each end).
Old 06-15-2014, 06:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Odd...my passenger carpet looks exactly the same. Pulled out in the same way since I bought the car and I've never been able to get it to stay tucked in.

The scuff plate is held in by the 2 screws under the rubber mat and 2 snaps (one at each end).
+1
There is nothing else other than the items quoted above. You've got the two screws out, now just give it a good tug or two!
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:54 PM   #4

BTW, that carpet is held in place with adhesive or double sided tape.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:15 PM   #5
M31

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghii View Post
+1
There is nothing else other than the items quoted above. You've got the two screws out, now just give it a good tug or two!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghii View Post
BTW, that carpet is held in place with adhesive or double sided tape.
OK thanks for the info...I do have a roll of double sided tape lying around. In the morning I'll remove the screws again and give it a good tug this time!

M31 is offline   Reply With Quote