Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2014, 09:44 PM   #1

CEL and single code P1130

I seemed to have buried this in an old thread :

Just got my first CEL with one code, P1130, while sitting at idle in traffic. Of course I have to do the CA smog check in the next few weeks so need to sort this ;-)

Engine only has ~25k, but MAF is probably original to car at 60k. No indication of any issues however, rock solid idle, correct behavior when removing oil cap, no smoke, etc...

Can't get into the shop until next week so pulled some numbers from the car using DashCommand. Only unusual ones were the fuel trims. LTFTs were 8.6% and 7.0% while STFTs were bouncing around between +-2-3% or so. Never looked at these from the Boxster before so don't know what is normal.

Is it worth resetting the code, or should I just let it run for a few drive cycles before getting to the shop?

I opened up the engine compartment to listen for any obvious vacuum sounds at idle. All I noticed was the hissing/sucking sound from the resonance tube flap actuation when I blip the throttle. Is this normal?

teleski is offline   Reply With Quote